nastrader nastrader 51-55, M 21 Answers May 13, 2012

Nonsense.<br />
I'm 55, have travelled a fair bit, lived in inner cities and in the country, and never seen this to be the case anywhere.<br />
I thought about it for a while, and tried to imagine where and how it could be true somewhere. The more I thought about how the possibilities might work, the more impossible the idea seems to me.<br />
Perhaps it is connected with your perceptions of what is attractive.<br />
In my experience, real connections are never influenced by looks alone.<br />
People unconsciously choose partners who mirror their inner issues like lock and key. Both genders are less selective when they are only looking for something casual, and not yet ready to settle down.<br />
People who are keen on having a family will choose a mate likely to make a good friend, lover, spouse and parent. A few might imagine ahead of time how the offspring of their mate might look... but if that's their only concern, then their lives will be a mess no matter who they choose.

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

Maybe average looking guys need to look for average looking ladies. On the other had some good looking guys try to protect themselves from all the come-ons and get a woman who won't have that problem. A good looking guy wants to be the star--an average lady would adore him whereas a good looking gal would want to share the spotlight ? The good looking guy that has the average lady must be deep enough to see beneath the 'book's' cover.

Best Answer

Because guys are very h orny creatures. That's my guess.

Best Answer

Whether most men want to admit it or not, generally speaking, women have the upper hand when it comes to romance, sex and dating. Since they are the ones who have the power they get to chose who they want. Most men are typically the same as far as how they approach women and to a lesser extent their personalities. Since most men are going about it all the same way, women don't have much to go on except for who turns them on. Looks become the default trigger since most men don't know how to really attract women. Therefore most men assume women only go for good looking guys or super rich men or celebrities etc. <br />
Don't believe the hype. I'm not going to give away too many secrets here but lets just say women don't think like men do. Sure you have to look your best but you don't have to be "good looking" to attract women(even attractive women)IF you know what you are doing and know how to get her interested in you. The truth is most men have no idea and figure their fate is set in stone and therefore tend to just settle for whoever likes them.

Best Answer

All I know is, good looks don't last long, but a beautiful mind can last forever.

Best Answer

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm always told how pretty I am, but I don't let that go to my head because emotionally I am a mess. The guy I'm dating is average, he understands me. I will not date good looking men because they always want to move to the next level, it's challenge to them to find someone better. I don't want that, I want someone steady, stable and will be still be there when I need a hug.

Best Answer

Look is deceiving... nothing matters anyway! I would rather have an average looking person that is okay rather than a great looking person that is nuts...

Best Answer

Well I was going to point out that this is probably true when you are a teenager, but as time passes woman tend to be less interested in looks then say men are. But I see you are over 50 so this is a bit of a surprise. I hate to stereotype and this is obviously from my own point of reference but in my world woman are drawn to power and confidence for the most part. Actually I know a lot of beautiful woman and they are actually turned off by overly good looking men.

Best Answer

that couldn't be further from the truth at least in my case. i'm a cute chick but i don't get asked out at all. i don't think it's ba<x>sed on how you look only i think it also has to do with the vibe you out out. i learned in my psych class that if you are depressed then you will look depressed and everyone will react to you that way. it could also be your perception because in my hometown i would say the exact opposite is true.

Best Answer

i am a average girl and belive me i can not find a hot guy i wish i could keep looking you will find yours dont forget its not all about looks.

Best Answer

There was a psychological study on this that found that people tend to go for someone who is about as attractive as they are.<br />
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis<br />
It was really quite interesting. The study involved putting a number on each study participant's forehead so that they themselves could not see it but everyone else could. 10 was most desirable, 1 was the least desirable. They were not allowed to talk, but instead had to go up to the opposite sex person with the highest possible number and offer their hand. If you took a person's hand, you were coupled. So, people naturally all swarmed the 10s and the 10s became much more selective, ending up pairing together with the other 10. The 1s were avoided like the plague and ended up having to settle for each other. Pretty much all of the participants ended up pairing with the opposite sex person with the same number as them (unknowingly) except for 4 and 5 which occasionally were switched.<br />
It was a really interesting study, so there you go. Attractive women want attractive men. Average women want average men. If you go for a 10, she's looking for another 10 which is why a guy who is a 5 pretty much doesn't have a shot in hell. Science!

Best Answer

It's a very, very sick 'success' thing.

Best Answer

Some young women are harlots and go for the best looking men. Average looking ladies can do their hair and make- up to look more beautiful.

Best Answer

Women have it made in the dating game.

Best Answer

I don't accept that as accurate. Since all of this is generalisation, many women require more from men than looks, and are more likely to accept a man who has intelligence, ambition and ingenuity even if he doesn't have a handsome face. Some men, conversely, will still pursue a woman with absolutely nothing going for her in terms of intellect or personality---as long as she's pretty.

Best Answer

It's all about the charm and confidence not the looks !

Best Answer