Farther's Day 1958, I was 7. Mom gave Dad tickets to the game and we went. Leaving home, Mom yelled to us as the elevator started to descend to "don't come back without a ball".<br />
Dad told me not to count on that as some people never get a ball after years of going to games, and this would be the first time for both of us.<br />
Anyway, I was enjoying watching my favorites Yankees play sitting in box seats a few rows up from the visitor's dugout. Dad had just ordered a beer (Ballantine, had to be opened with a can opener back then) when everyone around us stood up...Dad stepped on the chair and jumped up and caught a foul ball...and landed on the guy pouring the beer into a cup.<br />
He was not thrilled with that so he jabbed Dad in the leg with the can opener, <br />
When they untangled, Dad handed me the ball that I still have today 54 years ago, I keep the card of the guy who hit the ball that day, my favorite pla<x>yer, right next to the ball we got signed after the game, Mickey Mantle.

Best Answer

When my children were about 4 and 6 my ex-husband and I, his brother and family went to an Atlanta Braves game. It is the longest game in some history of some kind of ba<x>seball. It rained all night. I was so tired and I was trying to keep two small children happy-in the rain-during long waits while they rolled up the field and out again when the rain stopped, I didn't see the pop-fly headed at my face. Had my ex-brother in law not seen what was coming and reached out his hand in front of my face, I would have no face. I GLADLY let him keep that ball. It nearly broke his hand. By the way, they were playing the Mets. After that, my ex-sister in law and I told the guys we HAD to get a taxi and go to the motel. My ex-sister in law got her hubby to go down and put us in a cab and give him directions and gave her the money-my husband was so wrapped up in the game, he could not have cared less-and my children and I, along with my ex-sister in law and her young daughter went to the motel and got some much needed rest. Her son, her husband, and my goofy ex-husband stayed until about 5:30 a.m. when the game finally finished. Look it up. It was in about 1984 or 1985. Needless to say, I do not care for ba<x>seball. Braves vs. The Mets or vice versa. BLAH!

Best Answer

It's to to with ba<x>seball, but not with any ballpark. As a kid in Little League I just missed pitching a perfect game because I walked what would have been the last out of the game, then struck out the final batter. My next start I threw a perfect game, Made the local newspapers both times.

Best Answer

Little League games are only 7 innings/21 outs long (or were when I played). In the first game only one batter out of 22 reached first base, in the second game nobody reached first base.

Best Answer

Good for you Ernie!

Best Answer

The first time I laid eyes on a major league ballpark has got to be my favorite memory. It was the old Candlestick Park in San Francisco, when the outfield was still open and not fully enclosed. The sounds, the smells, the amazing green grass, and all my heroes out there in real life walking around taking batting practice. <br />
My childhood hero, Johnny Bench, came over once and signed autographs for a bunch of us kids. I was so star struck I couldn't say a word. A friend of mine took a picture of me getting his autograph, but doesn't know what he did with it. :(<br />
Later in life, I had the opportunity to be there when Kirk Gibson hit his iconic blast off of Dennis Eckersly, and I was at the ball park when then earthquake hit in 1989. But nothing surpasses that first glimpse of the big league playing field.

Best Answer

For me it's a toss-up; between the A's winning of the 1989 "Earthquake Series" and the Giants finally winning the World Series in 2010.

Best Answer

Going to Waner ba<x>seball park in Oklahoma named after my second cousins Paul & Lloyd aka Big Poison and Little Poison of ba<x>seball hall of fame http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/W/WA016.html

Best Answer

Growing up in Alabama as a kid we had NO professional sports teams. Once a year Dad would take me to Atlanta to see a Braves game in Fulton County Stadium. It was about a 2 hour drive, but for a 10-12 year old that was nothing. My fondest memories over the years was getting see Joe Torre, and Hank Aaron play for the braves in person. My fondest memory was a twi-night game against the Houston Astros that ended up going 17 innings. The Braves won (Yeaaah) and it was so late we got a motel room instead of driving back so late. I lost my Dad not many years after that to a fatal illness, and I look back at those times with him as the greatest times in my life.

Best Answer

Going to Tiger Stadium with my dad. It was the first sporting event I went to for a pro team. I was just amazed with the energy of the crowd and the stadium life

Best Answer

I have a few:)

Best Answer

My dad never took me to a pro ba<x>seball game (He worked alot and we never went without)<br />
so I took myself as a young man<br />
This would be late 60s early 70s when I first walked in and saw how big it was that was my WOW moment<br />
WES

Best Answer

I learned in Little League ba<x>seball that if you let the coach take you to his house, then let him take pics of you shirtless in your undies and bare <br />
feet, he will let you bat several times every game, & sometimes even pitch!

Best Answer

Fall or get knocked down. Skin knees and elbows. "Ouch, it hurts." Get back up and do it all over again. Just like life!

Best Answer

i went to my first ball game last year. i had no idea they were so much fun or that i would meet so many rude people there. even so i would go again. so even if you dont like ba<x>se ball its very diffrent in person so check it out

Best Answer

hello how are you there i hope you are fine my name muhammed

Best Answer

america

Best Answer

Orioles at the park in Baltimore City. They Won of course. Tippy took over and won 1 more game.

Best Answer

probably growing up in my small town and we were getting allt he kids together to play a game and when we were pickiing kids some kids were practicing on the field and there was this one girl there tht always was mean to me all the time because she was rich and i wasnt vry rich AT ALL so someone hit the ball and it hit her right in the eye. at first i was in shock and worried about her (as worried as i would allowed myself since she was my enemy) bt after i found out she was ok i broke out laughing and made fun of her for a whole day. i eventually felt bad and i bought her a cookie and we have been friends evr since.:)

Best Answer

I should not play sports

Best Answer

People are mean.

Best Answer

n abounding countries Fake Oakley Sunglasses<br />
about the world, there are several means for humans to be abreast about developments in the news: newspapers, magazines and radio or television broadcasts. A being may use one, or all, of these sources for information. Anniversary [URL=http://www.foakleysunglassesreplica.org/] Fake Oakley Sunglasses [/URL] antecedent is advantageous in its own way. Newspapers and magazines can accord abundant advice about a accurate event. They may accommodate some actual accomplishments of the event, some of its causes, some of its effects, or conceivably accord an assessment or point of appearance on a accurate development. Radio and television can [URL=http://www.foakleysunglassesreplica.org/] Fake Oakleys [/URL] advice a being to be abreast about what is accident anniversary day. For the apprentice of English as a adopted language, an English accent bi-weekly may be the a lot of accessible account antecedent that will aswell accord you convenance in account English Foakleys.

Best Answer

You are wasting my time and probably your own with this nonsense. If you do it again I will block you.

Best Answer