LivingDavid LivingDavid 46-50, M 14 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Emotional Health

There have been studies on this. People that have mental illnesses have no higher risk of violence than the general public. The real cause of gun violence is the War on Drugs and domestic violence, both of which would benefit from gun control.<br />
People bring up the mass shooting canard, but they are so rare that they don't justify stigmatizing millions of people. The kids who get killed in gang shootings every day in Chicago and Baltimore every single day aren't killed because someone has a mental illness.

Best Answer

I like your point... this whole issue deserves more thought. Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

I agree. No mentally healthy person would murder anybody. Not to mention the dangerous violence inducing medications they just love to put everybody on these days!

Best Answer

I believe it is a combination of things, being prescribed medication to blunt emotions is one of those things, allowing dangerous patients to be let loose while they are medicated for example, and society has too many violent past-times, namely video games, movies, music and other forms of popular culture. No one does statistics on how many times guns are used to protect a home (even if a single shot is never fired they can be very effective in certain cases).

Best Answer

Very true. I'm not going to start the rant but you are very right.

Best Answer

Any violence comes from the inability to talk out frustrations

Best Answer

you're on the right track.

Best Answer

How dare we hold people accountable for their actions.

Best Answer

So true, but now it seems its so easy to blame guns.

Best Answer

that is how I see it

Best Answer