I definitely do not. All of my grandparents are eighty or over and it's really sad to see how much they have lost it. From physical to mental. Really even when you see them two months later you can see that they've gone down hill in some way. I'm deathly afraid of living to that age. It's kind of like life is taking your freedoms away one by one.
IamMorbid IamMorbid 18-21, M 72 Answers Mar 11, 2012

just want to get through it one good day at a time.......

Best Answer

Yes. I want to live way past 80. My father did. He died earlier this year and was in his 90s. You are only as old as you feel.

Best Answer

Yes. I hope to live to be 100. Your well-being is your responsibility. My father-in-law recently died because of complications from a fall but he was sharp-witted and enjoyed life. He was in his 90s. If you adopted an attitude that if you are old you should just go away and die then you might as well adopt the attitude that if you are young, you should shut up because you don't know anything about life. Wisdom comes with age.

Best Answer

yup. it's awesome to see your great great great grand kids. and compare them to your great great grand kids. it's also awesome to do nothing and play whatever games there are out there. read stuff, write stuff, and troll those nurses/caretakers. lol

Best Answer

Yes I do. I would like to live much longer than that even if my quality of life deteriorates.

Best Answer

I don't think I will die tomorrow. It isn't on my calendar of things to do this week. Perhaps you should ask a better question about wisdom instead of worrying about age. Age is just a number.

Best Answer

Whomever created that CLICHE was an idiot.

Best Answer

Once you get to my age, you will see that age really is just a number.

Best Answer

No. I'd rather not.

Best Answer

You are NOT your grandparents - You are on this physical plane as an ex<x>pression of something more than you.<br />
With the appearance of age comes things that might not be apparent on the surface of things; of course, the other other side of that would be regrets, but I would respectfully suggest that you embrace the appearance of age, or better yet, FORGET about it! <br />
Also I would suggest that you try NOT to compare your perceptions of yesteryear (concerning your grands) with those of today.<br />
Know and love them for who they are; today's 80 is the new 60<br />
Lawman1

Best Answer

Well my parents are 80 this year, both are deteriorating in health but you can't just assume that at a particular age someone is going to "past their use by date" it's infinitely variable. It is not a forgone conclusion that you will suffer from anything in your senior years other than natural deteriation. Medication does keep people around much longer these days but I know people who have reached 90+ and still have everything in tact and say it's because they had a spoonful of honey every day. Utter rubbish!!! One old lady I knew still rode a pushbike and went to dance classes, while a friend of mine who is the same age as me has Parkinsons and has had it 10 years, he never deserved that. He wont live much longer I'm sure. It's the luck of the draw, my lovely cousin died of cancer last year at 49, my uncle died of cancer many years ago at 32. A very close friend got killed in a bike accident at 22. If you are lucky to live to a ripe old age, make the most of the journey along the way. tomorrow could bring you the worst news ever.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Come to America. Join the Army or Marines. Ask for a combat assignment. Keep re-upping. Odds are you won't make 30 if you play your cards right.

Best Answer

Ouch. My original comment looks really harsh because it is. Sorry, I apologize. I see what you are talking about. My parents are getting up there, and I see the sorts of things you mention. It is not pretty, but it is life. I would rather see them get old and infirm than have buried them when I was young. I really enjoy their company.

Best Answer

lol nice recovery! My dad is 77 and he still can make me tired. He drives 50miles every week-end to go play his blue grass music until all hours of the night. I think he will still be going strong at 80+!

Best Answer

Yeah, I wanna live until I'm old.

Best Answer

Not if it means being in constant pain and suffering and having to get my bedpan/adult diapers changed. :P

Best Answer

My grandmother will turn 81 this summer and she is in excellent shape. Sure, she may not be able to run a marathon, but she still goes on walks and lives at home. On the flip side of things, my grandfather died when he was in his 80's...the last 5 or so years of his life he went on steady down-ward spiral. I want to live a purposeful life...when I quit being of any use, I want to die...but only God knows what purposeful really is.

Best Answer

No I do not but it seems I won't have to wonder anymore. At 55 years old I was diagnosed with a rare brain illness called Binswanger's. I did always say I do not want to live past 70 years old and now I got what I wished for!!!! :( i am now 59.

Best Answer

Yes, I want to live past 100 and see my children's children's children if possible. That would be such a blessing to me. Wow. You know the song 'Forever Young'? It goes: "Forever young, I want to be forever young. Do you really want to live forever..." Every time I heard Jay-Z's version where it gets to "do you really want to live forever" I go "Yep!" So, yeah, I want to live a very long life.

Best Answer

Gouta, how old are you? Have your children become teenagers? If not, careful what you wish for. Also, what if you get sick like I am and can't even enjoy anything? I surely wouldn't want to suffer any longer than necessary. Very naive statement but kind of refreshing in this day and age.

Best Answer

I'm 32. When I said I want to live to see my great grandchildren, I meant I want to live, ie. enjoy life long enough to see my great grandchildren. It's a naive statement in this day and age, but people accomplish things by reaching, dreaming, and envisioning, not by accepting what's become common or acceptable in this day and age.

Best Answer

no/im in my forties now and the thought of having to do the same again fills me with dread/i dont want to end up in pyjamas in the daytime and dribbling into my beard

Best Answer

....... don't think so at this time ..... maybe I'd feel different later some !!!<br />
regards.

Best Answer

Well, honestly no...I don't. You can't truly know if you're going to live to this age or that age...anything can happen to us. There's all sorts of dangers out there. You know, fatal car accidents...etc. I don't want to live to be 80, I hope I don't.

Best Answer

As long as I can still get around good and have family and friends that still visit I'd like to live as long as I can. My great grandma lived to be 103 and she could get around and she had her right mind til she was in her 90's. Then she ended up bed ridden in a nursing home and barely knew who anyone was. I don't want to be like that. I have an 84 year old grandmother now that still drives, cooks, cleans and has all her real teeth. Now that's awesome! I need to visit her more.

Best Answer