I have the classic ectomorph body (long arms, and extremely narrow shoulders as well as low body fat) and my parents want me to gain weight. I am nine teen years old and I am 5'4 in height, before my work out I was 105 pounds. But now I am 101 pounds. I must refrain from lifting weights due to a back issue. I do 210 press-ups per day, accompanied by 40-120 sit-ups. All that has changed is the shape of my arms and shoulders, but I have not increased in size despite the fact I eat like a horse (3000 calories a day or more). Am I just destined to be this small? I don't think it looks right on me. Everybody in my family is either average, big or muscular. Could being born a months premature cause a person to be unable to build sustainable muscle?
alissont alissont 18-21, M 6 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Health

Perhaps you should talk to a nutritionist.<br />
Or someone that knows what you need to bulk up.

Best Answer

Give it a few years. By then you'll be wishing you could take the weight off.

Best Answer

Why can't you lift weights you can start out really light & work your way up in the weight ?

Best Answer

My doctor told me that I shouldn't. It's to do with a deformed back bone that could break easily if enough pressure is exerted on it.

Best Answer

Oh ok well I have a broken neck &amp; my back can't b fixed &amp; I started out with really small weights &amp; worked my way up ! Ask your doc if you start out at 2lbs &amp; move up slowly if that's ok !

Best Answer

lol. My cat weighs 11 lbs and I'm sorta okay with that but I'll ask my doc next time.

Best Answer

Just trying 2 help !

Best Answer