I have the classic ectomorph body (long arms, and extremely narrow shoulders as well as low body fat) and my parents want me to gain weight. I am nine teen years old and I am 5'4 in height, before my work out I was 105 pounds. But now I am 101 pounds. I must refrain from lifting weights due to a back issue. I do 210 press-ups per day, accompanied by 40-120 sit-ups. All that has changed is the shape of my arms and shoulders, but I have not increased in size despite the fact I eat like a horse (3000 calories a day or more). Am I just destined to be this small? I don't think it looks right on me. Everybody in my family is either average, big or muscular. Could being born a months premature cause a person to be unable to build sustainable muscle?
alissont alissont 18-21, M 6 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Health

Perhaps you should talk to a nutritionist.

Or someone that knows what you need to bulk up.

Best Answer

Give it a few years. By then you'll be wishing you could take the weight off.

Best Answer

Not really, and one thing which is funny is that you think that you eat like a horse but you actually dont lol and 3000 doesnt work? lift it up a bit eat 5000 calories a day. first thing you should do is fix the way you eat and trust me whether you are an ectomorph or not you will gain a little bit of fat. Then you see the change by just eating, the next step is to work out and keeping the same amount of calories (5000) a day then you will see change everywhere, all this is my brothers way of doing it and he has changed from being skinny to muscular so hope this helps :)

Best Answer

Why can't you lift weights you can start out really light & work your way up in the weight ?

Best Answer

My doctor told me that I shouldn't. It's to do with a deformed back bone that could break easily if enough pressure is exerted on it.

Best Answer

Oh ok well I have a broken neck & my back can't b fixed & I started out with really small weights & worked my way up ! Ask your doc if you start out at 2lbs & move up slowly if that's ok !

Best Answer

lol. My cat weighs 11 lbs and I'm sorta okay with that but I'll ask my doc next time.

Best Answer

Just trying 2 help !

Best Answer

6 weeks and you're expecting results? LOL

Give it a year and a half and get back to us then. Kids these days, you have no patience!! ;p

Best Answer

Darn it...a year and a half? My goal weight is 140, btw.

Best Answer