So why does usa talk about lack of human right in today's tibet?
markjameson2008 markjameson2008 36-40 5 Answers Feb 21 in Politics

It's not just the USA that talks about lack of human rights in Tibet and China. The Chinese government is not big on human rights and they don't regard themselves as invaders. In their view Tibet has always been a province of China.

Best Answer

I think it depends what political view you have. What's behind your interpretation of human rights. Lack of human rights will always exists. The ruling power always will care about themselves and how do they consolidate power, the opposition will always see it the other way but society will always lack of the main basic things that could make society great. Freedom, food, a place that u can call home and no one will take it from u, education, income and health.

Best Answer

well lack of human rights is not the lack of right for big corporations to make new markets for sure, as is the western interpretation

Best Answer

Oh yeah. Tibet represents a big new market! LOL!!!

Best Answer

because thats what the west cares about, and not about peoples freedom. but i dont know what i am talking about do i? since everuone is so brainwashed theres no point talking

Best Answer

That's what I meant. No matter who is ruling, they have their own concept of what's right. But in reality both worlds fall short

Best Answer

Best Answer

It's political. Tibet is an area of strategic importance, as is Afghanistan. There is a huge US presence in Tibet

Best Answer

A huge US presence in Tibet? In what way? I was the president of the Australia Tibet Council years ago and helped organise the first tour of the Dalai Lama to Melbourne. I got to meet him personally. So I know a bit about what's going on in Tibet and frankly a huge US presence is not something I've come across previously.

Best Answer

why should we support us foreign policy? why is usa the good guys? explain it to me

Best Answer

Who said anything about supporting US foreign policy?

Best Answer

Hurafu, Contrary to your own high opinions of yourself, you don't know everything. Insight doesn't come from meeting someone alone, and in Melbourne?! A hand shake, hellos, nice weather we're having talk?!! Insight comes from surveying what is going on a much bigger scale. Sadly you don't want to learn, cos you know it all already

Best Answer

If you missed it. I was the President of the Australia Tibet Council. You think I got to that position through ignorance of what was happening in Tibet? Now instead of attacking me maybe you could answer the question. What US presence in Tibet?

Best Answer

Oh yes, I think you were totally blind Hirafu. You talk big, but don't know a lot.

Best Answer

And my meeting with the Dalai Lama was a bit more than just talking about weather. I was president of the main organisation in Australia working to assist his government in exile through pressure on Australian politicians.

Best Answer

The Daila Lama is a US puppet, and you aided him! You've been used

Best Answer

A US puppet is he? Interesting how ignorant you are. Where on earth did you come up with that? I'd love to see what source you have for that nonsense.

Best Answer

I'm very informed, and smarter on my worst day then you are on your best day. You tend plants... I'm an academic. I've not seen you make one informed comment here on EP. You can dish out the ignorance and nastiness though, but think very well of yourself. Oh hahaha you've been fooled and used!

Best Answer

I think you must be trolling me for some reason. I can't think of any other reason you'd be making such ridiculous claims. Do you even know anything of the history of Tibet, the Chinese invasion and the exile of the Dalai Lama? It seems not. And if you're an academic then I'm a rocket scientist.

Best Answer

what kind of presence? tibet is in china

Best Answer

Yep, and hence why China has been so angry. The Dalai Lama is a US puppet

Best Answer

can u prove what u said?

Best Answer

Yes I can Markjamson, The Dalai Lama disgusts me. A selfish and hypocritical man. He's no holy man at all

Best Answer

i talk about this because i heard from a political analust called michael parenti that is quite educated, that before the chinese revolution, the tibetian monasteries were reallu rich while peasants around poor, and chinese government took the wealth of the monasteries.

Best Answer

The Dalai Lama himself admits that. Have you ever heard him talk? He's quite open about the issues in Tibet in the past. But lets face it. That's religion for you. How many 3rd world nations are there with massive Catholic cathedrals that are packed to the rafters with priceless ornaments and gold? Would we be justified in invading all countries like that? To liberate them from the greedy theists?

Best Answer

You still haven't backed up your claim that there is a huge US presence in Tibet. What presence?? The Dalai Lama himself (puppet or not) in not in Tibet. He lives in India. Is India just a puppet of the US as well?

Best Answer

I know the Dalai Lama doesn't live in Tibet. He's in exile. I can get evidence to back up my claims without a problem. You attack Christians so often, and yet seem to have been taken in by a Buddhist con man

Best Answer

So this is some Christian propaganda? Is that where you're getting this from?

Best Answer

The US donate large sums of money to Tibet for one. Strategically Tibet is very important because of US paranoia about communism

Best Answer

How does it donate large sums to Tibet? China controls Tibet. So they are donating money to China?

Best Answer

If that doesn't tell you why the US is involved with Tibet, I can't think what can. Yes, the US is pumping lots of money into Tibet. The meeting between the Dalai Lama and the President of the US is highly significant. As said already, Tibet is strategically importan to the US, as was Afghanistan

Best Answer

What are you? Some Chinese propagandist?

Best Answer

i dont like seeing propaganda on the news that supports usa imperalist interests

Best Answer

I don't believe the US has any imperialist interests in Tibet. They do have concerns about human rights abuses there.

Best Answer

how would u feel if china talked about human rights abuses in texas say and meet with the governor of texas?

Best Answer

what kind of human rights abuses are going on in tibet? tell me

Best Answer

u should know that when usa talks about lack of democracu theu mean that theu are not allowed to do new markets there. Maube thats whu u had this job because u have no idea what is reallu going on

Best Answer

I'm not American. You do realise that don't you? I have personally met 100's of Tibetans in exile and heard first hand their stories of torture at the hands of the Chinese. Let's face Chine isn't exactly known for it's respect for human rights, especially when it comes to minority groups within the country. Look I know few countries have a good record of treating the indigenous peoples of the country they invade well. Here in Australia we didn't and don't treat our indigenous people well but I'm not going to lie about it. I recognise it. You should also recognise that human rights abuses are going on in Tibet. How many Tibetans have you personally met and spoken to?

Best Answer

and whu did theu torture tibetans? for which purpose?

Best Answer

For which purpose? To maintain control of the people through fear.

Best Answer

but onlu china uses fear to control the population but not the capitalist west right?

Best Answer

what about human rights abuses in usa europe and australia? where its full of heroin and cameras everu 10 metres?

Best Answer

Have you been to Australia?

Best Answer

its the same sustem as europe and usa i dont have to go. its the same rulers behind it. are u sauing u dont have heroin and cameras there?

Best Answer

What has heroin or cameras got to do with human rights abuses?

Best Answer

Hirafu, The US has huge interests in Tibet. He is absolutely right

Best Answer

theu want to stop socialism that china wants to spread around the world, thats the real issue, so theu will lose their market profits. basicallu its about which sustem will prevail. maube both have interests. but more so capitalists i believe

Best Answer

LIteraturegirl I have no idea what you're talking about and frankly it seems neither to do you. Either put up or shut up.

Best Answer

I know what I'm talking about. You've just given me an example of what you're so well known for - arrogant nastiness. I'm very well-educated, and have noted you shout a lot, but say very little that has any substance. You back yourself with the claim you met the Dalai Lama. Jeez!

Best Answer

I haven't even had a go at you. I've asked you to actually provide some basis for your claims. I don't care about how well educated you seem to think you are. What is the basis for your claims? I, after decades of being directly involved and interested in the issues in Tibet have never before heard claims that the Dalai Lama is just a US puppet. I mean the Dalai is living in exile and has no power. Not much of a puppet now is he? He is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, nothing more or less. And you still haven't provided anything to back up your claim that there is a huge US presence in Tibet. Where is it?

Best Answer

You've just told me you have no idea what I'm talking about and to shut up. I don't have defend myself to you. Accept what I've said, or not. Not my problem. The huge presence for one is via capital given. You're not curious, you're defensive. You really don't know it all...

Best Answer

So you have no evidence at all? No source for this nonsense? Just make a baseless claim and have a go at me? So this was just an exercise in trolling after all? Go fvck yourself you stupid, ignorant piece of shite.

Best Answer

wow, ppl defending china against Tibet, I remember hearing how they murdered and raped when they invaded

Best Answer

his last replu proved perfectlu that he has not the slightest idea of what hes talking about. do u see how usa makes millions of slaves through media manipulative lies?

Best Answer

You have never spoken to a Tibetan. You have no idea. Where has your information come from? The Chinese media? LOL!!!

Best Answer