I've been waking up to a feeling where i'm being held down.. this has happend to me before but it's been happening to me a lot latly.. it happend 3 or 4 times lastnight.. I looked it up and there is a disorder called sleep paralysis.. it says that when we are asleep our body is paralized so we don't hurt ourselfs.. and ur brain wakes up before ur body does n that's why u can't move.. but idk if that's the case.. because if we can't move in our sleep then whey do i sometimes wake up with brusise n scratches..lol. or i go to sleep in one position n wake up in another.. but anyways.. all of the time i woke up being held down.. i couldn't move. couldn't speak or scream.. i was screaming in my head n for some reason i thought it was something evil or something.. so i was screaming at it telling it to leave me alone and that i belonged to god.. i screamed for a few minutes and then it it left n i could move again.. it seem like i was tired from all of that and i fell back to sleep.. faster then i normaly do.. can anybody help me with this.. or has anyone had the same thing happen to them?
Channelle1985 Channelle1985 22-25, F 201 Answers Aug 11, 2009

I am over 30. And this has happen since I was about 10. It has gotten worse over time. Growing up I had dreams that came true. I've always been different. But just this year while being held down I felt something reach inside my side and I had a lot of pain and I heard paper being shuffle. This happens very often a week and theboain has been so bad along with bad headache that last day's. I have never been a person to take pills and I don't know you all. I try not to sleep but that don'thelp. It happens even if I'm just laying in the bed. I don't know what to do. I don't even tell the Doctors anymore they think I'm crazy. It really sucks. I've been yank pulled pushed. I've heard talking and like other's don't understand what is been said. I pray, plea, try to scream. Even when I move now it doesn't let up. I'm scared it will kill me. Same thing Dark Shadows. I do believe in God. But from reading other's post doesn'tmatter.Help.

Best Answer

I don't think your crazy. Some of the same things happened to me just not when im awake. Yes believing in God doesnt matter because it does not stop the "attacks" but knowing God does meaning have a real relationship with him. Knowing who you are and what your entitled to in this life does. Here are a couple of scriptures to focus on. 2Tim1:7 God hath not given us a spirit of fear but of POWER... Luke 10:19 "Behold I hath given you authority to tread on serpents and scopions and over ALL the POWERof the ENEMY". John 16:24 "Until now you have not ask for anything in my name..." Please meditate on those scriptures , get in a good bible based church (so a multitude of people can pray for you. Continue to grow in God and I will pray for you as well .BE BLESSED! ;) if you want to talk message me.

Best Answer

Try keeping the knife under the pillow ,it has worked for me.

Best Answer

Yes.. I decided to start researching this today, because this has been happening to me more often. I have also found unexplained bruises on me the next day. I know how you feel because I have felt either it is evil because I have seen dark shawdows or I have also felt like I am being abducted by aliens. Feels so weird talking about this and I am really glad I am not alone.(I gues, I don't like that any of us are experiancing this) I also understand about talking to a doctor. I did that one time with a psychologist and I was prescribed serilicor (that is used for people who are schizophrenic) I am not crazy, this is real and scary. I read it is sleep paralysis, I don't care what it is called it is scary and leaves me feeling panicked to the point I dread going to sleep at night.
Today was the first day I ever experianced it during the day taking a nap, I heard music this time and it was pulling me in, I was not even completly asleep before I started feeling the pulling. Thank you for sharing Tina..

Best Answer

Omg. I have also experienced this exact thing.

Best Answer

I some times have this in my sleep. I hate when this happen It makes me feel comfortable.when I sleep for along time it starts to happen its like it doesn't want us to get rest and it feels like it want hurt me in I try to get up I get push back down.I need help.

Best Answer

Dude you have something called Jin inside You, I am muslim there people can take it out by reciting the holy Quran. Go on YouTube and look for vids of Jin

Best Answer

This has happened to me numerous of time in my life. I'm 23, and I am considered a miracle baby. I died when I was born from my lung collapsing 3 days after I was born. My mother prayed to God that he should bring me back and she'll give me back to him, and as soon as, she finished praying, I came back alive. I've witness a lot of paranormal things, such as seeing angles, who are HUGE by the way, and demons unfortunately. I also use to have dreams that come true. I use to believe in Sleep Paralysis, until God allowed me to have a full outer body experience around the age of 14 or 15 and I saw the demon holding me down. It was all black and looked like a Grim Reaper. I told it I rebuke u in the Name of Jesus and it left and that's what I've began doing ever since. And it works! One time I actually had a conversation with a demon, laying in my bed and I couldn't move. It told me, it's been wanting me every since I was a baby, almost felt like some Insidious stuff, then asked could it have me. Because u have to give demons permission to enter you life, because they have no authority over you. But I told it no I belong to God and I rebuke him in the Name of Jesus and it left. My events tend to happen to me around 2-6 am. My latest one just occurred a few minutes ago at 5:29am. It's happened too me so much, that I can feel them coming or easing up on me. This one just had one of my arms, cuz I was able to move the other, but not my mouth. But I have to keep trying to say I rebuke u in the Name of Jesus, keep repeating it and it'll go away. Also stay prayed up ad pray before you go to bed as well.

Best Answer

Yeah the same thing happend to me im 33yrs old and it started when I was 15.i was at my sisters for school holidays,and my niece was 2yrs old, she used to talk to someone in her room and point ay the end of her bed when we would walk in and say""the man""at first we thought oh she is just playing until I was sleeping on the lounge snd and there was enough light from street lights and moon was pretty bright all of a sudden I opened my eyesand noticed this dark shaddow above me then it moved around a little and I just followed it, then it lowered its self down right above me.my body felt weak I couldn't move I tryed to call out to my sister and it was like I was just able to slighly whisper her name then my ears kind of started yo ring, snd in my head was pins and needles feeling, and it felt like I was being pulled up by my stomach.i was really hot and felt major pressure on my body I finally felt myself push out a grunt or squeeze my tummy muscles and whisper gey out leave me alone with all I had then I saw the dark shadow just dissappear I was left feeling totally weak and lethargic I feel back into a weird sleep, and now the last 2yrs its happening again what do I do?? My friend said go see a priest snd get blessed.

Best Answer

Hi! I've been suffering from 'this' since I was 14. I'm 17 now. It all started when I attended a Christian camp in Malacca,Malaysia. Since it was a 3days, 2nights camp, we were assigned to cabins. My cabin was facing the dense tropical forests and was the MOST isolated cabins. I had 4 roomates including my older sis. On the first night, I felt uncomfortable as the dogs were barking like mad. I looked out the window and saw the dogs barking at something that wasn't there, in an uniform line;as if protecting the cabin I was in. I went back to sleep but stayed awake. With a stuffed pillow on my slumped over my forehead-eyes area, I suddenly heard the cabin door opened. It wasn't locked. Then, I heard keys-jingling for a few secs. Also, I heard weird whisperings/voices, talking to one another and it was coming closer to me. It was in an unknown language and the whisperings came so close and loud, they were literally whispering

in my ears. I could feel presence but I could not move/speak/open my eyes. I prayed to Jesus for a solid ten minutes and it left. I woke up the next morning feeling blurred and asked my sis about last night. She heard keys jingling but felt/saw nothing. My cabin mates freaked and called our youth pastors and camp speakers. They prayed for me and the cabin to be cleansed. That night was jungle trekking. Minutes before we set out, I didn't know why but, I had a strong urge not to go and I said this to my church members: It's not safe.There's gonna be a snake. True enough, there was. And I was the one encountering it-a 2m king cobra. Full frontal. Ever felt like your memories passeyou byin a flash? That's what I felt. It stared at me, it was probably a hand away from me. But Lord Jesus was there^^someone killed it in a flash by beating its head several times. Apparently, an angel sent from heaven helped us. The thing is, after that camp, the voices followed me home. I begun feeling a sensation as though there was something on me. when i was asleep.There were times when I felt a hand waving at my face. But I couldn't move/speak/open my eyes. The voices happened so frequently and I even PRAYED more. I was afraid to sleep. Still is. Although, it's not been happening as frequent as last time, it still is there. Is it possible that it's a spirit? Or am i just super sensitive to this kind of things? Because when I was 12, a day before my grandma died- she died of cancer( i had no idea about her death before that as my parents left home to take care of grandma in another state.) ,she appeared in my dreams( i have never dreamed of her before) and she told me to take care of my family. That she was going away to a better place. When i asked her where to, she just smiled and i woke up. My mum called later in the day and told me that my grandma died. So..what's wrong with me? Anyone's who's a strong believer in Christ, please help me. Please reply!

open my eyes! I

Best Answer

Wish we knew what they really were,been troubled a lot by those unreasonable happenings.

Best Answer

I have researched this phenomenon in depth, these spirits are Jinns. I am very devout to God which helps a lot. My friend made me a hand band with God's verses which I wear on my wrist when I go to sleep, nothing happens when I'm wearing it, but sometimes when I'm too tired and forget to wear it, such experiences as you described take place. When they do, I recite any verse that has God's name in it and the evil experience stops...I put on my band and go back to sleep. You definitely are not crazy, our universe consists of many "unknowns," and we live in a world that gives all our emotions a pharmaceutical title which in turn doctors and pharmaceutical companies make money off of - all you need is faith and God, which comes from the heart - NO PRICE-TAG!

Best Answer

if you believe in God you better believe in the devil they both are real and the devil is trying to kill as many of us as he possibly can when you pray believe what you say will come to pass and anoint your body and home out loud ask any thing that is not of God to leave your home and your life plead the blood of Jesus over your body mind and home .the devil knows your path and see the good in you and he don't want you to prosper or walk in your light . you are special your are a warrior and God loves you and will help you but you got to have faith and believe he will come through for you. i'll be praying for you

Best Answer

I read your article what versus do you have on your wrist band.cause I go through every now and then as if I being held down

Best Answer

It has happened to me all my life, IT IS NOT "SLEEP PARALYSIS," that's what they want us to believe! You are right how you described the experience and WHAT YOU DID TO COME OUT OF THE HIDEOUS EXPERIENCE - which was to call on God, trust me that's the only thing that works!! If possible next time as soon as it starts and you become aware of it, say "God help me!" Repeat it as much as you need to, but just the word "God" alone is enough to get you out of the experience...and yes. it is something evil...though God is more powerful than anything else so you are safe, being strong and having faith HELPS a lot too!! Wish you much luck!

Best Answer

that's so true they want us to believe that it is a sleep disorder but I know better it's demonic and evil and to call on God is the way that seems to help

Best Answer

Yes i have had that happen to me to go on my page and if u like and read it

Best Answer

We who experience this all have sensitive spirits. I have been living with this for a long time. I had three attacks all a day after each other. The only way the spirit left was when a picture in my home fell. The last day when it happened. I was more prepared and was praying for the Holy Spirit to come. When it did. I was not scared but still couldn't move. I asked what did the spirit want. I was giving the gift of Prophecy. So don't let the demons come into your home stay strong and pray for the Holy Spirit to come. I promise you it will. Because as long as you believe in Jesus he will not let you fight alone.

Best Answer

Seizures or sleep paralysis, happen to me and my fren said that if we chant a certain lines they leave us .So the next time it happened ,i was chanting that lines like crazy and it left.
Few months ago,it was so sever that the fren who was sleeping in the bed near by could also see it and she was frozen,later she said that keeping a knife under the pillow works against such evilspirits,with the sharp side facing out,blunt side towards the bed.If the sharp side is faced towards you then it doesnt protect you.From then on i always have kept a knife under my pillow
Yesterday i needed the knife and took it out and had placed again but as i slept the seizure came again ,it was two hands pulling me out of my bed and i felt i was taking the knife out and stabbing those hands and i was awoke.Usually after such dreams or seizures ,it is said we should go to toilet and spit three times so they donot come back again . when i was back in my bed i thought of the knife and checked it, i found the sharp edge was facing towards me and i changed the direction. For once i felt my fren or the belief we have was true.

Best Answer

this has been happening to me for 3 months now. It freaks me out because i feel hopeless and scared. Everytime i try to wake up or try to move around i feel like my body is so heavy like someone is holding me down and when im laying next to my husband i try to reach my hand over and pinch him so he can wake me up but i can't even make a slight movement so i wait a few seconds and next thing you know im okay. But i noticed that this only happens when i sleep facing up, so i don't sleep in that position anymore.

Best Answer

I agee it happens wen am sleeping face up and ive noticed my hands on my chest crossed it really scary .

Best Answer

This has been happening to me on and off for a long time, since I was a kid, I'm now 42. I always sleep with the tv on, for some reason I can't sleep without it. But I noticed my experience always happens when I'm laying face up also, does it help to sleep different? I never start out face up I just end up that way. I had a experience 2 nights ago but this time was a little different, I heard whispering and what sounded like radio static. That's never happened before.

Best Answer

My name is Gloria bell I been having the same thing happen to me but now it don't think god for that I been puting the bible under my pillow and read my bible all the time

Best Answer

Its been happening to me for years now. Just did today....I just say Jesus name until I can move....not sure Wut it is

Best Answer

If your getting bruises and scratches you need to watch the conjuring because that means it is feeding off of you

Best Answer

yes I have and its only when I sleep with my door open. But its the same exact thing you are saying that's exactly what I feel when I sleep with my door open, as funny as it sounds but it is only when I sleep with my door open. Its definitely a spirit I feel it standing by my bed before it starts holding me down, I use to sleep in front of my mirrors that's when it use to happen more often even with my door closed, but when I moved my bed it stopped. I looked up on line about this so that's how I knew to move my bed. In the summer I have to sleep with my door open because I have a AC that cools down my whole apartment I have a small apartment. So this is why I know when I sleep with the door open I feel this presence. Its has not been so hot so again I sleep with my door close and I feel nothing. I don't know what keep them away when my door is closed, but thank god I sleep in peace.

Best Answer

This has been happening to me for years. Ever since I was about 8 or 9 years old. It was so weird because when I'd wake up I'd wake up I'd feel a presence in the room but nothing bad ever happened. I had a dream where I actually rose from my body in my sleep had a dream of God. It was so crazy! Some people are unique and it's not something wrong with you. Anyways I am at peace with it now. Sometimes the feeling would happen in my dreams sometimes to. Just like an awareness in my dreams and I could feel this presence that something or someone was watching me or holding me up. I also read up about incubus and angels and demons can visit you and have sexual intercourse with you ar night when you sleep. Merlin the wizard was said to have been born by one of these encounters. Hopet this helps. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks and peace!

Best Answer

I just had this feeling about 10 - 15 minutes ago. In fact it happens to me quite often, at least once a month, and I have gotten so used to it that I even know how to react to it when it happens in a dream. I was having a dream that I was think about my late aunt who left her five month old baby when she died, and also the great things her daughter could become as she grows older. I immediately felt some kind of heavy force around my body, sort of like it was giving me a very tight hug and pressing me down on my bed. Funny enough as this was happening, I stayed calm and smiled and chanted "Let me go evil spirit in the name of Jesus Christ my savior, let me go...!!!". This strange force immediately went way and I woke up shortly after that. I'm a 25 year old male, and this has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. But for as long as I am a believer in Christ, I know no evil may harm me.

Best Answer

The problem that you are having is spiritual. It is evil and only in the name of jesus christ can you be free of it. I have experienced this before and tried to pray the name of jesus and could not for a time, but when my mouth could open and i could pray it went away and has not bee back. hope this helps. if you give your life to God he will set you free.

Best Answer

Yes,the same happened to me in my dream accept i was rose up in my sleep.Maybe it's that someone has prayed over you and put a curse on you because the same happened to my mother but it wasn't a dream.

Best Answer

I have the same happen to me but I know when its come while asleep I start praying the lords prayer Slowly keep holy water and bless your house and room . If you get screaming in your ear while asleep dont look pray because you give it power . Dont worrie you have a gift to tap in spiritual world and you do see good spirits.

Best Answer

I had this happen to me! I woke 3-4 times and could not move or speak. My then room-mate had walked into my room and picked up my dog bonita and patted her head (at the foot of my bed)while i lay terrified there trying to call for help. He walked out and it was bright enough to see if my eyes were open it felt like they were... I finally was able to get up and i went straight to his room and i went to the window for air and was smacked in the head with a cross that was hanging there. i asked him if he came into my room and he denied he did. So maybe i asked in a way that startled him. Mind you my room-mate is schizoprehnic(i didn't know then) and often speaks about the bird-man? But my daughter claims to have seen a dark shadow of someone small in my room one night at the edge of the bed before this happened. I don't live there anymore and this only happened one time. It makes me want to be/feel stronger about voicing my opinions/concerns and to be more connected spiritually to myself and family

Best Answer

Demons they come at night because they thrive in darkness something you have done or a family member has invited them in i dont kno how to get rid of them ive accepted mine wen i get held down i no longer scream i just sit an i have become so faund of seeing my demon that he comes an we just look at each other for hours

Best Answer

This has happened a lot to me. When it does I find a song that calm me down and sing it in my mind. Or I says prayer a prayer. I know it's hard at the time because you are in a panic. But this works for me.

Best Answer

I have had this happen to me, i spoke with my pastor and the first he asked me was "Are you afraid?" i was at first bcuz i cudnt move or talk but as soon as i called on Jesus it stopped. he said never b afraid bcuz God did not give us the spirit of fear but peace and sound mind. it is an attack from the enemy, to show the power of the Lord will frighten them, the evil spirit is trying to manifest,he cant win in the name of Jesus. he will send another type of spirit so u need to pray thru ur home and claim the blood of Jesus, read psalm 91 b4 u sleep at nite,God bless you, the enemy wants u 4 a reason, so trust in the Lord for protection and he will give it to u

Best Answer

I have experienced this awful nightmare. Its, the devil trying to win those who have turned their lives to god. When this happens to me, I pray about it. what helps me fall asleep faster and in peace. I change the channel to the GOSPEL channel. It helps sooooo much. It keeps all the evil spirits away from attacking the person. GOD is my high power.

Best Answer

These things are demons, this was revealed to me in the Book of Enoch cause these spirits were bound to the earth and take many forms, are they evil? Yes they are. I was attacked by one several months ago. I felt pinned down with something evil behind me and I dare not turn around but I knew what was behind me was evil and it had something to do with me being paralysed in my bed. I could not say anything and I made the name, "Yeshua" come out of my mouth in a breathe and the thing immediatly left. A week later I made sure it did not return I put on my prayer shawl, and I kept saying, "you do not belong here anything unclean depart from my home, in the name of Yeshua the Messiah and throughout the power of the Ruach HaKodesh depart from this place, it is the dwelling place of YHWH my Elohim and you are not invited and I demand you to leave in the name of Yeshua" I prayed for hours and the thing has never bothered me again

Best Answer