My boyfriend has been pressuring me to sleep with him, I don't think he is doing it intentionally as he isn't the type of person. The problem is he gets carried away and ends up pressuring me, for example begging me for s*x, saying that I should enjoy my teen years, telling me that I would like it, that he doesn't see why we should wait when we are both in love, etc. It's beginning to stress me out as I don't know what to do and the more he pressures me the more I think about dumping him. Which I don't want to because I love him. Advice?
mysteryteen mysteryteen 16-17, F 10 Answers Jan 26 in Dating & Relationships

Don't be pressured into anything in life... You need to make the decisions especially when it involves your body...

Best Answer

Dump him? Tell him you don't want to do it, and see how long he sticks around. Don't let anyone pressure you into what you aren't comfortable doing, kiddo.

Best Answer

Tell him this exactly. That he's stressing you out and you're not ready. And no matter what you decide to do, don't have sex until you're sure you're ready. You don't want your first time to suck.

Best Answer

The first time you have sex it should be because you are 100 percent sure you are ready, and that he is the right person. If that's not the case, you will be cheating yourself.<br />
You love him and I can understand that you must be feeling like you HAVE to give in or you'll lose him, but think about this - if he truly loved you he wouldn't want you to feel that way. <br />
If you have already explained your position to him and he is still maintaining his stance, then all I can say is that you try to socialize with him more in group settings and spend less time alone together. That way there will be less frustration for him and less temptation for both of you. <br />
This will also buy you some time to work out if he really returns your love or is just waiting for you to give in.

Best Answer

Let him know not everyone treats it as a race to have sex.... Respect is a two way thing, and if he wants respect from you he needs to give it back. <br />
He needs to also understand your respect for yourself and the fact that you'd rather wait 'till you're ready than feel emotionally bullied into it and regret it later.

Best Answer

I wish someone had told me not to have sex! I know hormones are raging, but don't give in. If he truly loves and respects you, he should back off. Stop putting yourselves in situations where you even have the chance.

Best Answer

Also, he's a teenage boy. He IS that type. A hormone filled boy that wants to do it and he will say whatever it takes to get you to give in. Until you hear "I'll wait until you are ready", you don't have a keeper...

Best Answer