Those of us who look at the US, see the changes in the USA over the past four years as positive. Gone was the arrogance that was always portrayed by the Bush administration. The Bully boy impression created was neutralised by Obama. His persona was different to the rest and made him more acceptable. Being, black only helped the cause. USA may be in debt. You need to analyse where the funds went to. To prop up the ailing industries. Motor, Banking, Construction etc. USA could not afford to lose the Motor Industry nor the Insurance/mortgage. Investing in capital projects is not an expense. It will pay back in time.
HardingP119 HardingP119 36-40, M 6 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Community

I disagree<br />
if anything's Bush portrayed mostly ignorance and stupidity<br />
it looks to me like the air of arrogance, followed by incompetence was brought on by Obama administration, and was evident again during the Obama Romney debate<br />
just because you familiar with it doesn't make it better

Best Answer

We in the world outside, see the US in different light. You have just confirmed it.
If Romney was the best that the Republicans could put out, that is a sad state of affairs. One who changed his views and principals and ideas. High time to get another actor in who will have better advisors around him in likes of "Ronald Reagan" perhaps.

Best Answer

Yes u do see things quite differently, or perhaps don't pay enough attention, otherwise wouldn't have been so quick to point fingers on Romney, accusing him of changing his mind and flip flopping, what Obama has done that on several occasions, especially his election make promises that he failed to follow through as president

Best Answer

Really it doesn't matter at this point. We are all screwed.

Best Answer

The majority has spoken that is democracy.

Best Answer

well, I didn't mean about Obama getting re-elected I was trying to say that it didn't matter who won, we are all screwed.

Best Answer

Got you Tom. ooops.. the politicians, the IMF, the UN the whole lot are.. thanks mate

Best Answer

If I was an american I would not have voted at all. I have my own belief and none of them would have warranted my vote. The devil is the devil, there is no option for me as a Christian

Best Answer

It is right in saying that we now know more about Obama than we did four years ago. Obama is more acceptable to the whole world apart from China. <br />
The voting pattern, is a warning to the Republicans as the younger voters are voting against right wing conservatism.<br />
I wonder how many of the right wing conservatives actually turned up to vote because they were not 100% in favour Romney.<br />
i am a cynic in a way. Will Obama change his colours during this term?

Best Answer

What? How high are you? You analyze whatever you want. This will be sixteen years, two crap presidents, the Patriot Act, foolish bailouts, an unsurprisingly expensive medical program, and lately $40b a month fiat money that is slated to go on and on. That money is not going to infrastructure. And propping up banks only makes one wish for the good old days of the RTC.

Best Answer

If banks, companies, and motor industry was not bailed out where would the country be?
Bush in his tenure never bothered to have controls. His foreign policy?- Never had one. try to complete what his father could not do and made a total hash of it in Iraq.

Best Answer

Actually, here is what would have happened. 1 - Car makers: Plant, equipment, and people would not have evaporated. The P&amp;E that was worth anything would have been purchased and used by a better motor company than either GM or Chrysler. Some people would have lost jobs -- just like what happened -- but the decisions would have been made by a better car company, not by politicians.

Best Answer

2 - Banks would have been forced to do what they once always did -- write off bad mortgage debt. Yes, I know that would have been difficult because the debt was packaged, but it should have been done. At least one sizable bank should have been allowed to fail. If they had been allowed to go the way of the savings and loan business in the 80s, bad assets would have been purged from the books, and the banks would have been healthier in the end. Our government still tells the banks that there are no bad consequences for writing bad mortgage loans because nothing has changed. The bad assets are still there, the Fed's interest rate is ridiculously low, and mortgage interest is still deductable, thus encouraging ever larger house purchases and foolish lending to accommodate it.

Best Answer

3 - Other business? Except for the green stuff, I don't know which ones you are talking about. Did anyone you know if those "job-providing investments" actually provided any jobs? If so, at what cost. I guaranty you that there is plenty of money floating around the world that would love to enter the alternative energy business in the the USA -- if it were worth doing. But it is not. Asking future America to pay that huge bill (it was financed with debt) for a handful of jobs was criminal. It hurts me to say that because I have been on the solar bandwagon for forty years, since I was a little boy. I would love for it to work, just as I would love for there to be light rail all over the place. But government decisions rarely seem to take into account what is prudent anymore.

Best Answer

The majority have spoken. Democracy is what the world needs.
Businessmen to run a country? Let politicians run it. And general public to vote for them.

Best Answer

As the question yesterday asked, "what is your favorite quote?" Mine is from H L Mencken: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." And we will.

Best Answer

Thanks for the spin, we've heard it all before.

Best Answer

Truth does hurt at times. The majority cannot be wrong. The Republican had the wrong man for the job. Should have stuck with a conservative and there is nothing wrong in that The Mormon effect perhaps worked against them

Best Answer