Matthew 5:17-18
OsageAphrodite OsageAphrodite 26-30, F 18 Answers Jan 5, 2012

WAIT A MINUTE! Is this a riddle? I mean, why would Jesus demand "Old testament" in a bible if "Old" testament didn't exist back then? <br />
Other than that, I personally think it's a shame that people should have wrote a Bible (New testament) where the verses have been changed/ tampered with. I know I would be heart broken if people changed even oner word in my Religion's text. <br />
Changing the verse is in any religious text is a complete immoral thing anyone can do for any reason at all. Instead of understanding what the verse is relaying to you, you change it so it fullfils your own means? DISGUSTING!

Best Answer

cuz they dont want to and are full of ****

Best Answer

Because laws are made to be broken

Best Answer

Cause they know its fuct up and you can't tweek it hard enough without getting caught.

Best Answer

Don't know if he really said that or not, but it really amuses me how 'christians' carry on about gays, when it also states that we should not eat shellfish!!!!<br />
that is, lobster, for one......but I don't see the Red Lobster restaurant chain closing down because of this biblical law!!!!!!!!<br />
also that it's a good thing to have slaves!!!....which, by the way was changed to 'servants' in some translations........if it werent so funny it'd be pathetic!!!!!!!!<br />
funny, huh?????

Best Answer

Since Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, we are no longer under the old law, but the new law. Also, the old laws were only for Jews and most of us are gentiles.

Best Answer

Here is the passage:<br />
"Matthew 5:17-18 (NKJV) "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."<br />
I see nothing about Jesus saying anything of the sort. You made that up....sinner...LOL

Best Answer

ooops typo....give me a break I haven't even cracked a bible sense I was 18
give me a few min to repent

Best Answer

just googled it...all I found was the same verses I quoted I'll dig out my King James and look for myself

Best Answer

Not to worry...it is all B S now anyway.

Best Answer

This is a neutral answer.It's a good observation, but the law simply exist to prove that we cannot follow the law. There are ceremonial, moral, and civil laws, 613 of them. If we were able to actually follow all those laws, there would be no consequences, and Christ would not have to have bee the human sacrifice to cover the sins of the world. If some of us followed the 613 laws, and others didn't, we would be busy stoning and burning adults and children. The old law passed away when the new law was sealed with the atoning blood of Christ. If you read the bible you will see that Christ was definitely against stoning and burning people. The law will always exist and be there, but obedience to that law is no longer required. The New Testament is a new covenant between God and man. A covenant not ba<x>sed on works, but ba<x>sed on faith in the blood atonement of Jesus Christ.

Best Answer

I would say this is the best serious answer thanks for putting thought into it

Best Answer

I appreciate that. Thanks to both of you.

Best Answer

Because we are in a new age. it is 2012 and we all have our own minds and free will.

Best Answer

but Christian law demands it???

Best Answer

I understand what you believe. But god is love and really doesn't have much demands.

Best Answer

Christians are no longer under the law,,,they are under the age of Grace,,,but that doesn't mean to break the Ten Commandments,,,it means we can be forgiven if we do,,,,

Best Answer

Amen,,,,

Best Answer

absolve all our existing and future sins....now that is insensitive

Best Answer

Because we live in this world together with evil people and there are a lot of confusion around us. Sometimes the system, culture, stop us from doing what Jesus told us to follow. And Satan is trying to stop us, he's using a lot of temptations for us to fail.

Best Answer