oh a pacifier. or a 'dodge' as my mum used to say. wotever floats your boat

Best Answer

Umm...progressive relaxation is something to try.<br />
Who are you hurting by using a pacifier? Nobody, I think...

Best Answer

noy hurting anyone i guess, but i don't want to be 40 and still dfoing it to get a good nights sleep. plus it's really embarassing. i stick my thump in the whole on it so that if my parents come in i can pull it out and they don't know i still have one, my grandmother does and she says i look rediculous and i should stop.

Best Answer

dude, there is a group for ppl who wear nappies and poop themselves in strangers company for giggles.. i'd say you will be fine :)

Best Answer

err, deleted 1st comment (might have caused a shite storm) :) pacifiers are pretty tame for EP

Best Answer

Children have a natural instinct to be soothed by sucking. Sounds like you possilby never had a chance to find a new and more age appropriate way to relax at bedtime. Another physical behavior that humans find soothing is hugging something. If you are interested in find a new habit, perhaps you can wean yourself<br />
from needing to have something all night in your mouth, and just start bedtime with a temporary replacement....like a sugarless mint or candy, while adding a new habit, such as holding or hugging a pillow to your body.<br />
You know yourself best....do some creative thinking and find a new habit that you will be comfortable with. Give it time to work....it will be a process of weeks, maybe even months - but that's okay. You have a long time before you're 40! Give yourself the time to let this work for you. Good luck!

Best Answer

You can try to take yourself off of it slowly. I would create a journal and schedule times you allow yourself to do it, slowly and gradually make sure you do it less and less over a period of time. I would give yourself a year to do it.

Best Answer