My daughter is turning 14 next month, but she doesn't know what kind of party to have. I want it to be something reasonably priced, but I also want her to have fun. Most of her friends are girls, but she does have about 2 friends that are boys that I know she'll want to invite. We can't think of anything that would please everybody. Do you have any ideas?
invisibleperson101 invisibleperson101 41-45, F 11 Answers Jan 27 in Parenting & Family

Have a pizza party at the local bowling alley.

Best Answer

Laser tag or paintball.

Best Answer

You can have birthday parties at your local movie theatre, includes food and drinks and if there is enough people then it can be a private screening.

Or

Go to a pool hall and let them play pool and have fries and things of that nature

Or

Stay in, rent/download/stream/PPV a movie she really wants to see or seething appropriate and make the popcorn and snackage at home

Or

Have a themed party based on: where she wants to go Hawaii? LUAU THEME, Miami? CSI THEME,

Murder mystery etc

Or

Take them to an arcade place like Dave and Busters, where it's a nice restaurant but it's got an arcade/fair games involved where everyone gets to enjoy playing games they like

Hope these help!!!

Best Answer

Thank you so much! We were actually considering an arcade

Best Answer

I did it in Niagara Falls, I am in my mid twenties and I had fun. It's fun for all ages and it's fairly cheap. Like if you have 8-10ppl in total they also include arcade tickets

Best Answer

A costume party would be so cool ...

Best Answer

Have a pizza party at the local roller skating ring.

Best Answer

We threw my niece a party last year and did a murder mystery game. It was a lot of work and we weren't sure the kids really were into it. But when they got to the party everyone had so much fun and are begging to do it again next year. She's 15.

Best Answer

Karaoke party at your house. Rent an amp and a mic and plug in your computer to your tv to get the lyrics.

Best Answer

Do you have a Party City near you? I work there and encounter many party ideas. What does she like? Find a theme she would enjoy as a teenager that's not to childish. Does she like music? Does she like to dance? Does she like to sing? These are just some ideas I have. Whatever you decide, I hope she has a great birthday!

Best Answer

Yes, we were thinking about going there for decorations. She likes old Hollywood and she loves acting and singing. And thank you!

Best Answer

That's a tough age. Maybe not have a party?

Best Answer

She really wants to have a party, and she loves hanging out with her friends. I think she may have a crush on one of the boys, because she doesn't want it to be anything that won't include them.

Best Answer

What are her ideas? Maybe just a pizza party at the house. Have a couple of games they can play.

Best Answer

Well she was thinking about just having her closest 'girl'friends over and just hang out, but she doesn't want to leave anyone out

Best Answer

They aren't going to like a kid party anymore at that age. Just put on some music and let them hang out, like an adult party without the booze.

Best Answer

She did that last year, it wasn't as much fun as she had hoped because not everyone knew each other, and they were all just sitting around watching TV occasionally talking

Best Answer

Nothing will ever be as much fun as it was when we were young, sadly.

Best Answer

Action territory

Best Answer