isn't it bizarre that when I am feeling shy,I show dominant body language sometimes? I am asking because I have already know through and through what dominant and submissive body language looks like and how to interpret it by observing. I am curious to see what you guys think about someone who is of more a submissive nature would have dominant body language?
BelleRaven BelleRaven 18-21, F 7 Answers Sep 30, 2009

Because actions speak louder than words, peanut. You an Amazon, now dance in celebration.

Best Answer

Maybe you are just subconsciously trying to hide your true submissive nature cause you are a little insecure and need to feel more in control. <br />
Or maybe you are really a dominant personality but don't realise it yet. <br />
For myself, i can be both, depending on the people around me or situation, i switch to suit my environment.

Best Answer

as a defense mechanism. you are feeling shy or dominated so you respond with making yourself puffy and bigger than the person who is running over top of you.

Best Answer

RighteousGirl is right - people 'bow up' when threatened.

Best Answer