towhead2 towhead2 41-45, M 12 Answers May 31, 2012

No, not at all. That measure is as effective as forbidding anyone under 18 to buy a candy bar.

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer

i don't think so. it's their choice if they want to drink sugary drinks or not. and it is their choice if they want to be obese or not.

Best Answer

True!

Best Answer

This is why our government is in such debt. Spending money worrying about "special interests" crap. The obesity fight needs to start at home.

Best Answer

I totally agree

Best Answer

People can just order multiple sodas... whoopdiedo!<br />
its not going to help at all

Best Answer

Yes! So you have to think that this was another ploy to simply make it "appear" that they are doing something about the problem when in fact, it's pointless.

Best Answer

Obesity. <br />
The newest catch-phrase for malcontents and ne'er do wells to latch onto. <br />
The government should be about keeping infrastructure going. Here in MA they can't even do that, being so busy being everyone's nanny.<br />
Oh, I know there are those out there who trumpet the heath-risk-we-all-have-to-pay-for epithet. They seem to forget that the obese pay into the system too, and everyone is entitled to those funds because of it. Not every fat person relies upon the fraud of a health care system, and not anyone has the right to take such a superior position over someone else's choices.

Best Answer

Well said, thank you.

Best Answer

I don't know if it's going to help that much. People are going to overeat or get their calories one way or another. Some folks will just end up ordering two smaller drinks......that will mean more pollution. lol

Best Answer

Yes, Vessa, that seems so obvious.

Best Answer

I agree !

Best Answer

A SUPER good one! :)

Best Answer

Nice sentiment, wrong approach. Banning junk food won't fix anything.

Best Answer

Well said. I agree.... the same as prohibition didn't stop drinking.

Best Answer

Exactly. It's an issue of culture, poverty (crap food is cheaper than healthy food), and being innundated with advertisements for junk food. We need to fix big complicated issues. Having a giant soda isn't the problem. Having soda every single day with every single meal as your only source of liquid is the problem.

Best Answer