Most of the guys who work 'blue collar' jobs are actually happy doing it. White collar jobs promote stress and anxiety, like you've witnessed personally.

Best Answer

Great point. I actually enjoyed work a lot more as a shop rat (lol) and if money weren't a factor, I would go back to CNC machining in a heartbeat. I was much less stressed and physically felt better.

Best Answer

pink collar jobs are the worst. any job females do is paid less than the male counterpart. lets not even go there about women's unpaid labour...

Best Answer

Very True

Best Answer

It depends on the SPECIFIC blue collar/white collar job. A blue collar job dealing with volatile organic compounds is a very bad deal in spite of the increased physical activity, on the other hand my mom used to work quality control -- an "office" job, but she had to go around and collect samples for her tests, so she walked a LOT everyday, so the answer can vary.

Best Answer

I have done both types of work too, although the *blue collar* work I do doesn't require me to wear blue nor a collar, but you get my meaning. When I did office work, I got a headache every day. Was taking pain medication days, and something to help me sleep at night, then something to help me wake up in the morning. I was sluggish, my bodily functions didn't work well. I was a mes. Then in my early 30s, I changed jobs, and I stopped all medications for headaches; sleep aids were no longer needed and of course, that eliminated the need for wake up pills. I am physically and mentally healthier now than I was 40 years ago, in my 20s.

Best Answer

Regardless.....Blue.......White......Work is a four letter word....

Best Answer

I've done both kinds of work...I would say white collar since you are sitting down most of the day slouched at a computer screen...it's just not healthy to sit that long. I did a lot of potentially hazardous heavy lifting/welding/working with dangerous machinery when I worked blue collar, but wow, I stayed in phenomenal shape and didn't need to exercise all of the time like I do now!

Best Answer

Right, I will say the nature of the work is less risky at a desk job, but the long term effects dont see to out way that.

Best Answer