My daughter is 14. First year of high school. She has a certified ADD disorder and suffers from insomnia and a nasty PMS syndrome. This affects her scholastic performance and there are a couple of teachers who bully her and say she's dishonest because she is often absent from school and her illnesses are strategic. I went and spoke with one teacher the day before yesterday and she's a real biatch. Looked and me and my tattoo and decided I was a scumbag ( whereas I'm a teacher as well ) and she treated me and my daughter that way. I am a very polite person so I didn't lose my temper but I would have punched her in the face. Now the Italian teacher is acting up too. I know my daughter isn't perfect but she is the most honest and sweetest girl on earth. Is she a genius? No, but she is not disrespectful and definitely not shady nor manipulative. I don't know how far I can go without jeopardizing her even more...
thehummingowl thehummingowl 36-40, F 12 Answers Mar 3, 2012

Go to the principal and hand him a typed letter describing how your child is being bullied by her teachers. Tell him that if corrective action is not taken ou will hold the school responsible if anything happens. That type of stuff usually scares the crap out of schools especially with all the focus on bullying and teenage suicides and shootings these days.

Best Answer

Awesome. But we're in Italy. Teachers here can't be fired, only relocated . They are super protected

Best Answer

Oh, btw. I'm a Canadian mother tongue teacher and have worked for private schools in the past and now I give lessons at home, hence, out of the loop

Best Answer

Ah sorry, thought you were in the US. But its also hard to fire teachers in the US too unless it involves rape. But here bullying is a huge issue so schools will definitely take some action such as moving the kid to another class or telling the teacher to back off.

Best Answer

Being a teacher yourself, you should know the drill. When one teacher is saying it, there's room for reasonable doubt. When two are saying it... I'd start to wonder. If three start saying it, then perhaps public school (which I am assuming you're talking about) is not the best place for the needs of your daughter.

Best Answer

One says she is distracted the other said she was dishonest after she failed reminding said teacher that she was supposed to do an Italian test ( a writing essay ) . S. hasn't been sleeping for the past 5 days and we are doing a whole lot of blood work to understand what's wrong. She's not dishonest, she's exhausted

Best Answer

Well from reading your comments on other posts, I guess I am a bit confused. ADD isn't something they give certificates for... If these teachers did not care about your childs performance, I would think that not having them in your class during these illnesses would make them happy. I am not trying to pin the blame on you or your daughter. But what you said in the original post leads to more of an emotional rather than rational statement. Being accused of being dishonest is not entirely what I would call "bullying." I'm sure there is more to the story on both sides.

Best Answer

Never mind. It's just too long to explain

Best Answer

I had many children ,only one problem with a teacher.<br />
I went to the primcipal,told Him to move my child to another class.<br />
He said it was impossible.<br />
I told him i would take the matter as far as I had to,including<br />
Law suit, changing schools, .... Somehow the impossible became Possible.<br />
Best Wishes.

Best Answer

First of all understand a few things here<br />
1. if you thought you wanted to punch her in the nose, you are not a polite person and hence you are entitled to punch her in the nose. Go for it next time anyone disturbs your kid<br />
2. The learning difference bla bla bla only means THEY CANT TEACH HER. IT DOES NOT MEAN SHE CANT LEARN!<br />
3. There is no difference between a scumbag and a teacher whether it is them or you. And there is no difference among any of us here either. We are all in the same boat going different places<br />
4. The best way to help your daughter is to help the others too who are like her<br />
More when I come back from supper in half an hour<br />
I am from India

Best Answer

if you have already spoken to the individual teachers then i would speak to them again and say that you will speak to the head if you don't see an improvement. If they are professional, they should be able to behave in the right way towards your daughter. They should be helping her and understanding the struggles she has with her conditions not making things worse. If you don't see an improvement, I would put a formal complaint in to the head and failing that, as a last resort, remove your daughter from the school.

Best Answer

I like that. Thank you.

Best Answer

what about home schooling? you can tailor her learning exactly and you know her best.?

Best Answer

No such thing in this country

Best Answer

you're not allowed to teach her yourself? what country are you from?

Best Answer

Italy

Best Answer

thanks for B. A :o)

Best Answer

would it be possible for your child to switch school?

Best Answer

it would, and we have considered it but she likes it there. In Italy all high schools specialize in different areas. If she changes school she'll have to change specialization

Best Answer

it's just from experience i know that there is a really hard chance for you to get the teacher's to stop picking on her, school's at least where i'm from protect thier teacher's like crazy and will do nothing about it unless it goes so far to the point that you have to get the police involved, i hope you get everything sorted out and you daughter don't get to hurt in all of this i really feel for you and your daughter and i wish i had a better answer for you

Best Answer

thanks! hugsssss

Best Answer

If it got bad and you have the time home schooling is the best anyway, at least you can instill your own values for your child!

Best Answer

Have you submitted your daughter's medical information to the school? Maybe they won't believe she has problems until they have official documentation on them.

Best Answer

Yup I have. She has been diagnosed as being disgraphic and disortographic and as needing extra time for her calculus.

Best Answer

Maybe report them to the even higher ups? Though that's probably already been suggested...

Best Answer

Can you change schools? It will be hard to protect her from bullying and even harder if you accuse the teacher. It is much like what happens in the workplace, but for a student even harder.

Best Answer

When teachers don't understand a child/ren, then theirs a problem = they are the problem.<br />
It has nothing to do with your daughter.

Best Answer