It was mathematically proven impossible for integer values for a, b, c to satisfy aⁿ+bⁿ=cⁿ for any integer n greater than 2! What did I violate here? >.> -1³ is -1, 1³ is 1, 0³ is 0, and -1 plus 1 equals zero, so the calculation is correct. I'm sure I didn't violate Fermat's Last Theorem... only that I didn't remember one condition... are negative values for a, b, and c not allowed?
MathematicallyMindedFractal MathematicallyMindedFractal 16-17, F 4 Answers May 31 in Hobbies

"For any integer value of n greater than two."

Best Answer

Yes, I chose n=3.

Best Answer

Oh, duh, I copied the wrong part. "No three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation" for yada yada yada.

Best Answer

It isn't the condition. It's what's being tested. It was not proven for hundreds of years. Fermat died before he could write his proof down. It is why it is his last theorem. I'm wondering what part of the proof I violated.

Best Answer

I dunno.....but reading this just made my head split open. hehehe :p

Best Answer

I tried to put it simply xD

Best Answer

ehhh, that wasn't simple enough. LOL :p

Best Answer

How about this: You basically cannot do the Pythagorean Theorem for any power greater than two where a, b, and c are all without decimals.

Best Answer

(Thar's the theorem; it wasn't proven for hundreds of years)

Best Answer

ah. well, you're the math genius, so I should probably agree with you. haha :)

Best Answer

so a^n+b^n=c^n is impossible? SO... the Pythagorum Theorum doesn't work... lol I can't spell tonight...

Best Answer

a^2+b^2=c^ (3+4=5 at right angles) (9+16=25)

Best Answer

Not quite. It is syntaxically similar to the Pythagorean theorem, but should not hold for any n greater than 2.

Best Answer

oh... n greater than 2... ok! got you ! :D

Best Answer

Any n >2 and if a is not equal to b...

Best Answer

Any n>2 and if a is not equal to b, and a and b are > or <0.

Best Answer

Basically, a³+b³≠c³, a⁴+b⁴≠c⁴ and so on.

Best Answer

Unless a is 1 b is -1 n is odd... lol

Best Answer

yup >.>

Best Answer

Irrational, my dear Watson.....

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

In electronics, we call it "j". I think mathematicians call it "i".

Best Answer

That's an imaginary number, not an irrational number. Imaginary numbers don't apply here, though >.>

Best Answer

My bad.....

Best Answer

xD

Best Answer