is there a place i can buy scrap metal? (NOT ON THE INTERNET I MEAN IN REAL LIFE) like going to a junk yard?
Luc1fer Luc1fer 16-17, M 7 Answers Apr 27 in Hobbies

Like going to a junk yard...

Best Answer

Recycling centers. You may need to hunt around a bit. Some only take cans and bottles. Not the place to go. Look for some place that takes anything.<br />
I used buy hurricane grade aluminum for a dollar a pound, for body panels and other toys and projects.

Best Answer

where did you buy them; would be better if u gave me an address unless u live really far away from NJ

Best Answer

California is pretty far. Do a local search for recyclers that take scrap metals. You won't be able to do this over the phone. You have to ask the guy in charge if he will sell to you and you will not get him on the phone. Walk in, ask whoever looks like they are in charge if you can buy scrap. If so, most will let you walk around and pick what you want. Don't ask for a receipt.

Best Answer

oh ok :D

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

just for some cool projects i work on during my free time ;)

Best Answer

Makes sense

Best Answer

Junkyards are your best bet.

Best Answer

yeah all over the place

Best Answer