He was brought to the U.S. illegally as a child and has been trying to acquire legal status since 1994 (not sure what the delay is). But how does someone who is breaking the law receive the okay to practice ?http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/02/justice/california-immigrant-lawyer/
bijouxbroussard bijouxbroussard 46-50, F 14 Answers Jan 3 in Politics

Activist judges are a problem in our country. Become a citizen and then practice you trade. <br />
Isn't it a bit of a conflict that you are practicing as an attorney when you are in fact breaking the law?

Best Answer

See, that's my issue with it exactly...I know sometimes there has been activism where a law was unjust. But I don't see where requiring legal status in one's country of residence is unjust. All countries require this, don't they ?

Best Answer

Stupidity is rampant in all the world...and this is just another example of idiots running the world.

Best Answer

Great example of today's Supreme Court's 'out of touch with reality' senior citizens...

Best Answer

the law is an ***

Best Answer

Good question! I don't get it either, I mean he should at least have a green card/visa first.

Best Answer

He's applied. It's not clear why it's been delayed all this time.

Best Answer

I see, .....Hmmmm, that would be helpful to know and would affect my opinion too.

Best Answer

The world has always been crazy...this is nothing new...

Best Answer

This, specifically IS a first.

Best Answer

To me It seems like almost everyday something I never thought would change, happens...to the point where it no longer surprises leaving to wonder what will be next....sorry for being jaded...is it apathy that allows this or is it corporate insanity?

Best Answer

I followed it a few months ago. Being a native Californian. I do not agree with it either. Seems like laws are obeyed by some, not all. Should have been deported, before all of this.

Best Answer

It is a California thing. If anyone challenges it the US supreme court will strike it down. He can be licensed but cannot work legally.

Best Answer

According to federal law, no established law firm can hire him. So he plans to to set up his own firm.

Best Answer

One cannot hire him as a contractor either. At least they can not if they plan on running for public office.

Best Answer

This, I think, is because the concept of equality is becoming to mean applying to everyone living anywhere in the World , having the same rights in your country, to people living in your country. Replacing 'Multiculturalism' as the politically correct badge of liberalism for the elites, (Who do not have to suffer the consequences). Equality, is something the are unable to deny, even if it is not applicable. Here in the UK, anyone living in places spanning eleven time zones from Vladivostok, in the farthest East of Siberia, to Dublin are coming to live in my town because they know the authorities will fall over themselves to welcome them. Common sense would perhaps, tell you this is impractical and nonsense. Several billion people are heading here and the authorities are falling over themselves to compete at being seen treating them equally with people who already live here.<br />
Nothing, nothing would lead a liberal to do something like implement the law (throwing out illegals) if the bright shining light of liberalism could be turned away from them, No matter what the consequences.

Best Answer

I practice breaking the law almost daily, what's so big about that? 65mph, in a 60 zone, here I come!!

Best Answer

yr honor........i was not there that night.

Best Answer