emptyprofile emptyprofile 41-45, M 8 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Personality Disorder

tHAT REALLY DEPENDS OF THE FACTS- illegally insane refrences a defense status in court. Perhaps you mean "incompetent"---and you would have a guardian appointed to you.

Best Answer

As the father I was thinking about her sanity.

Best Answer

Differs from state to state but this is the law I do in NY. You have to bring a petition in whatever court has jurisdiction (NY- Supreme Court) You need to have great and good evidence which will have her declared an Incompetant Person. (check the detailed statute in your jurisdiction ) You can move to be the Guardian- the court CAN (in theory) appoint you as your daughter's Guardian for an indefinate time if the evidence warrants it. Sanity is reserved for criminal defenses, "M'Naughton rule"--but a declaration of incompetance achieves the purpose you are seeking; although in my 25 yers of it I have never seen "fights with boyfriend everyday" established as a basis to expunge a person's rights and turn property and personal trusts to a Guardianship appointment

Best Answer

Thanks for the info.....I feel like I owe $250 bucks now.

Best Answer

*giggles* no. thats just called being a teenager

Best Answer

My god when does it end!?

Best Answer

Uh....no..I'm pretty sure you get declared insane if you keep taking trips to the mental hospital for fighting your spouse though o.O

Best Answer

haha that happened to me with my ex ;P

Best Answer

If a psychiatrist determines that the cause of the conflicts is due to her being mentally unstable.

Best Answer

Not likely. Assault is more likely

Best Answer

*sigh*

Best Answer

Insanity is a psychological disorder. Fighting with her boyfriend everyday may mean he is aggressive but no insane. Sane people know right from wrong. Insane people know right from wrong BUT choose not to act on it.

Best Answer