In the Book of Mormons Alma 3:6-And the skins of the Lamanites were (dark) according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a ("curse") upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men. Thats why those religious groups who practice man-made doctrines are wrong and foolish...
JackofAllTardes JackofAllTardes 16-17, M 15 Answers Feb 29, 2012

It used to be a belief. That is no longer an issue. Black men can hold a position within the LDS.

Best Answer

Of course, Joseph Smith was a white man in Southern USA who created a religion to match his own beliefs. After the social changes that took place in the USA, the ideas had to be changed but the "most accurate book ever printed" (Book of Mormons) still points to all dark skinned people as being cursed and doomed to be servants in this and the next life.

Best Answer

You comment on something five months later? That's beyond trolling. I don't need you to give me a history lesson in mock religions used to cause racial divide.

Best Answer

They changed that now, but I feel it was only because of social pressure.<br />
It really says something the way some churches can have Gods Rules,<br />
for Hundreds of years, and suddenly say .........NEVERMIND. lol

Best Answer

Take up aliens and UFO's....they take everybody

Best Answer

it's ironic if you think about it...they were saying that black is bad and now they are going to Africa to spread their beliefs

Best Answer

The slave master used to twist the words of the black when its does not state that being black is a curse. Noah curse on Ham son Canaan. Saw his nakedness of his father Noah. So Canaan was cursed to be a a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. Genesis:9:22-27. This was twisted by the slave masters to Negroes accepting christianity during slavery to believe since they was slaves. Their the children of Ham. Ham also translated from its Hebrew also means in english, heat hot climate Black, color but look carefully. The sons of Ham is Cush, Ethiopia. Mizraim, Egypt and Phut, Libya. Canaan is seaparate from the rest. Genesis:10:8 Cush begot Nimrod a mighty one in the earth. Nimrod is responsible for the creation of the mystery system of worship. Who married his mother Semiramis. Creating worship for them both as the first ancient Madonna and child.

Best Answer

Yes a Black person can become a Mormon. Their 500,000 blacks in the LDS church. They had gone against those early teaching. Which was also a teaching in other denominations as well.

Best Answer

you cant take the bible literally,it was written by men,with their own opinions---------we can be anything we choose----color has nothing to do with anything---God made us all------in his image-------maybe God is black-----------

Best Answer

The question is not what God believes, but what was written and followed as scriptures by the LDS / Mormons. For the longest time, blacks were cursed and doomed to be slaves, and suddenly the leaders of the organization changed their minds because it was no longer socially acceptable, yet the doctrines and scriptures remain. The founder of the organization wrote the Book of Mormons and claimed it to be the most accurate book, given to him directly from god. Changing the book means going against what god said. The change was not religious in nature but purely political to allow the LDS / Mormon organization to increase its membership and be more acceptable to the rest.

Best Answer

Sure, they even believe they are members of the lost tribe of Israel and the tribe was one of the first native American tribes.

Best Answer

Wow, Romney isn't even formally in yet as the GOP VP nomination and the Mormon bashing is getting deafening. Kind of reminds me of how when Bush started running in 1999, suddenly everyone had a bone to pick with Texas.

Best Answer

This has nothing to do w/ U.S politics.... I'm not an American..
I'm just telling this harsh truth about religious groups and their wrong &amp; erroneous doctrines....

Best Answer

It might just be that they evolved as human beings just like the rest of us. Kudos to the english for being some of the first to realize that slavery was wrong and remember it was a religious group that first championed that unpopular view. Every church doctrine has holes in it much like every government has some bad things in its history. The ones you should concentrate on are the ones aren't trying to make things right. As happens, my next door neighbor is black and a mormon, and he's a good family man who takes care of his own. I sometimes envy him his piece of mind.

Best Answer

If it keeps people out of trouble makes them happy and they don't hurt anyone doing it, I say let them believe whatever they want to. Who cares if someone believes in a magic top hat and rock. It's not any less crazy than other religions.

Best Answer

Originally the anti black stuff wasn't an integral part of the church doctrine but after a while they formalized it to the extent of saying that the black members could only be allowed to do certain things because of the "stain." The church of mormon still has some serious problems from my perspective but now that they're international, they had to adapt. I guess, it's no more backward than lots of other religious establishments.

Best Answer

Or governments. How many governments recognized people with dark pigment as equal citizens 150 years ago?

Best Answer

you can't argue that because others were doing it, the church was somehow legitimate. Plenty of religious groups didn't follow. Plenty of governments never based rights on color. I'm just saying, they made an equally wrong choice and that should give people pause when following blindly any group even those that seem to speak for god.

Best Answer

Not part of the church's doctrine? It was stated, writen and confirmed by the founder of the organization. The only reason why people are accepting this change is because if they did not they would have to accept that the entire LDS / Mormon organization was built on lies and that millions have been lured and tricked into something that is false to its very core.

Best Answer

That's not how I understand church history. Much of the history is debated so maybe there are other sources. Also the LDS still believe in modern prophecy so lots of things are changes by the leadership saying god has instructed them to change things. I'm not saying they didn't support bad things, just that those things are not all there is and that they were following the trends rather than God in that way.

Best Answer

My bf is black and he is mormon

Best Answer