brutnabarn brutnabarn 18-21, F 29 Answers Feb 5, 2012

You must die(give up) the old self(man) for in Christ we are a new creation.<br />
Jesus said to give it all up and follow Him. Jesus also said you can not serve 2 masters. Either you serve God or you serve your flesh(sin).<br />
There is a cost to follow Jesus, are you willing for it to cost you your homosexuality, or fornication, or (fill in the blank SIN). Or are you going to stay in your homosexuality or whatever sin.?<br />
Why do people think Christians should give up all theirs sins except for homosexuality?<br />
Do people go around calling themselves I'm a adulterous Christian, I'm a fornicating Christian, I'm a murderer Christian?

Best Answer

Homosexuality and bisexuality are not sins.

Best Answer

@Ayyuba
That is a lie straight from Satan. God say they are sin. We can not call right what God has called wrong.

Also blocking doesn't prevent anyone from replying.

Best Answer

Yeah! How DARE they be born with the genetics that was passed down to them!? And how DARE they CHOOSE to be gay and put down by all religions and society!?

Best Answer

FYI, the supporters of homosexuality have in the science world has given up on the idea that there is a homosexual gene. The Human Genome Project was completed, and it wasn't there. They came up with an alternative theory for "born gay", but that one is also undermined by the empirical data.

Best Answer

Having unwholesome desires does not prove one is not a Christian. But to surrender to living a homosexual lifestyle is totally incompatible with the Christian walk.

Best Answer

Amen.

Best Answer

There is no such thing as a homosexual lifestyle. Such a thing would imply that people choose to be gay, and they do not. No one chooses when and who they are attracted to.

Best Answer

If you read on this website extensively you would see that many heterosexual people choose to succumb to bisexuality at some moment of being tempted by another. People can choose to give in to or resist sexual urges. For example, I have experienced masochistic arousal earlier in my life. I believed that it was totally unhealthy and I chose to reject it. It seems to have gone away. Your whole premise that there is no such thing as a homosexual lifestyle because of the assertion you made makes no logical sense to me anyway. Jesus said that the whole Bible was the inspired word of God. Just one of the passages in which He said that was Luke 24:25. This obviously means the Bible's passages on homosexuality are true. I have seen from your EP posts that you have been experiencing great difficulty in your life. I have been there. I urge you to spend a lot of time seeking God in prayer and spend a lot of time in the Bible.

Best Answer

Wrong. People do not choose who they are attracted to. If I could be straight to shut people like you up, believe me I would.

Best Answer

I repeat, the exercise of will can influence sexual feelings. Many people know this from experience. As for shutting me up, I haven't been going after you. You initiated this exchange. I hope you find the peace you desire.

Best Answer

Wrong. People do not choose who they will be attracted to. i know this from experience.

Best Answer

It's a complex situation. But choices are very important. My cousin felt at one point in her life that was beginning to be somewhat attracted to women as well as men. She was strongly persuaded that was wrong. She made a conscious decision to close the door to that, and it ended.

Best Answer

You are wrong. People do not choose who they are attracted to.

Best Answer

Being gay is against the bible..so is lying, so is cheating, so is lust and a bunch of other things...sin is sin and NO ONE is perfect so dont let anyone judge you because its not their place only God can but to answer your question you can be a Christian who is BATTLING homosexuality but you can't ride the fence...either you choose to serve God or not

Best Answer

People do not choose who they are attracted to. It is not a sin to be tempted, otherwise Jesus would not be perfect.

Best Answer

A Christian can have desires that are contradictory to God's ideal for behavior -- it's called sin and it is something ALL Christians struggle against at some time or other in one form or another.

Best Answer

A Christian can be gay as in they are attracted to the same sex but acting upon this physically or dwelling on it mentally would be sin. So abstinance is the only solution to being gay and a Christian x

Best Answer

Well, you can be happy, which is what 'gay' means. But you may not entertain homosexual lust or activities.<br />
And I also just want to say, no one is born homosexual, though many boys these days are so toxified and malnourished that they cant achieve full manhood and therefore have a lot of female-ish physical attributes and hormones, but still no sex, not even good old biologically supported heterosexual sex, is important enough to offend THE LORD over and indulging in any of it is a choice.<br />
All sex is a choice, desires may come for this or that but we can rebuke them if they are not appropriate. No more cop out, if a man is unable to resist having sex with a man then what next? A man and a goat? A man and an unwilling woman? a man and a baby? "They just cant help it, they were born that way...." Bull, lets get real, we all choose what what we will entertain and act on and we are accountable for it as well.<br />
I for one am not here to be friends with the world, I am here to repeat GODs word. Homosexuality is filthy evil, so at least start by admitting what the Bible really says, that way at least you know which way is up for Heavens sake. Then repent. GOD dont want you to be damned, GOD dont want you to overdose on drugs either but HE allows you the free choice to do either to yourself, so be wise.

Best Answer

Before i preach Bible... replace "Gay" with "a Sinner" and let's ask the question again!<br />
"Can a Christian be a Sinner or does it go against everything the Bible says"<br />
there are three ERA's in the bible after paradise was locked up. <br />
The Era of man's morality - pre-flood there was no law man did what he wanted - God has it as a lesson to those who do not want law!<br />
The Era of Law - After the flood the legend grew out of the family of Noah about the judgement of the flood. this is the birth of man made religions because people wanted laws to govern the morality in fear of God's Judgement<br />
(Here we found Moses who'm God gave the laws also the one pertaining to being gay) - God gave us this Era to show us that Man cannot follow laws whether these are man made or Godly inspired (do not believe man - man cannot save you)<br />
The Era of salvation - Jesus comes to be the judge of ever man and to be the perfect sacrifice for EVERYONE's sin. and He is th only Judge.<br />
If any religion judges you to hell for committing sin then they are not following God's Bible! and they miss the ENTIRE plot! But if you cannot live your life without this because it is a part of you like i know it is! then you should leave relationships alone! refrain from doing sin! you cannot ignore the sin and act on your own heart!<br />
I do tell you this! God wants you to turn from your sin the way he wants me to turn from mine!<br />
chemically you are attracted to the same sex - chemically i am inclined to want to blow my brains out!<br />
I'm a manic depressive with suicidal thoughts and visions, also chemical!<br />
Do you think it's ok for me to end my own life?<br />
I don't think Jesus would be too pleased but He will still be the only one who can judge me for that!<br />
God does not expect you to be perfect. Only to try to be!<br />
If your not willing to try then you like me will have to explain yourself come judgement day! like i will also have to for my many transgressions

Best Answer

Some of the answers to this question makes me prouder and prouder to be an atheist.

Best Answer

Gays and bisexuals can be Christians and go to Heaven. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

Best Answer

There are different versions of Christianity so i dont know to be honest.

Best Answer

sc<x>ripture says no. Christians say yes or no depending on what the holy spirit tells them personally. Earlier today I got told off by a Christian. They said "That's your problem, you think." Which I think underlines what kind of people we're dealing with and the kind of people that wrote the bible. "Stop thinking and be like a sheep" could possibly be a quote from the bible.

Best Answer

I couldn’t tell you what the Bible says about being gay except what I’ve heard from some religious leaders who believe there is no such thing as being gay and if someone claims to be gay it can be cured. So from that basis I would say no, you can’t call yourself a Christian and claim to be gay at the same time. Then again I think anyone who has known people who are gay and asked them if they were born gay, they would say yes. So I ask why not be Christian and be gay? I doubt anyone would ask me if I was born with an attraction to the opposite sex if I wanted to become a Christian so what right does anyone have to ask someone who is gay. In other words, what the hell does your sexual preference have to do with believing in God? As far as I’m concerned I don’t think anyone should be excluded when it comes to choosing whatever they believe will give them a better understanding of faith.

Best Answer

I will try my best to give my answer, although I know I'll get crap. LOL In regard to this, no man is supposed to willfully maintain a gay lifestyle according to God. If you're doing it you're sinning plain and simple. If you do it and claim to be Christian, it may be the case but your walk is so far off the track that you have basically subcumb to the way of the "heathens". That being said, people get judged as individuals by God, if you openly had a gay lifestyle, you will have to answer for that. I don't know what the penalty is,but it's clear that all things in your life will be looked at on judgement day. Now as nations go, they also get judged on how they deal with these issues, either you are a poponent of God's will or your not. If you choose not, the blessings your nation may have had, start to fade away. You may begin to loose standing or power. In a sense you are not supposed to judge others, but in a sense you are responsible as a nation for what you allow. I think in a round a about way, God would expect you to stand up for his words, else you also be judged by him for not taking the stand and allowing it to continue. In short though yes being Gay is against the bible, you can be one and be gay, but you will pay a penalty as will your nation for viewing it as acceptable. That is my thought on the matter.

Best Answer

Some of the bible is full of crapola

Best Answer

And...if you are gay...celebrate it...I don't see God with a female partner...

Best Answer

The Bible only mentions homosexuality around 14 times. There is nothing in the Bible that says being gay is wrong. You may quote Leviticus whatever 'Homosexuality was an abomination' or what ever but in the context abomination means 'unpracticed'. The entire chapter is a list of things that were unpracticed or "abominations" such as touching shellfish or having any contact with a woman on her menstrual cycle. <br />
So yes you can be gay and Christian.

Best Answer

abomination means worthy of or causing disgust or hatred and no synonyms of unpracticed.

Best Answer

Thank you Hebrews, what a lot of cowardly believers here.

Best Answer

some faiths welcome all orientations, others are strongly opposed.

Best Answer

The bible also says that when a woman has her period she should be exiled in a far away hut until it over. Times have changed. You can be " christian" and all sorts of things.

Best Answer
Best Answer