Yes, a relationship can still be strong and lasting even if early on things aer not perfect. It's rare, because it's rare for 2 people to have the maturity and true love for each other to move past it. ...I was not a great girlfriend. I cheated once and then broke up with him. We talked every night for 5 months. I called him one day bawling and begging for forgiveness. Not to be taken back, just forgiven for hurting him so much cause I did love him (which is why I left after I cheated, I knew he deserved better) ....but he wanted me back and forgave me. We worked things out and though it did take time to rebuild his trust completely, it did happen. I was patient with him since I knew I had to earn the right to be trusted again. That all happened back in 2008. I cringe when I think of that year but I know I am very blessed and lucky to have a man who truly loves me enough to forgive me for something like that, especially when I know I will never forgive myself for it. It is in the past now and never even brought up. He is the greatest love of my life. Negative pessimistic people who have never had true love will tell you it's not possible to move forward from it, but they're wrong.

Best Answer

A good relationship starts with a good foundation. With cheating and break up already there, chances are it will never be the same.

Best Answer

i would say for cheating not a truly healthy one. Dont think anyone could fully trust another who cheated on them. Breakups happen, sometimes it is the best thing to happen for people. gives them a better perspective on what they had.

Best Answer

I'm not proud- but we are married 16 years-not everything appears as it seems

Best Answer

Friendship maybe. More than that? Doubtful.

Best Answer