MzAliceFaye MzAliceFaye 26-30, F 17 Answers Jul 10, 2012

Yes...I have several male friends and have for years. Having a common interest is still the number one reason for friendship.

Best Answer

I hate to say it but I've had so many guy friends and they all eventually have started to like me. I have had one friend who I wasnt initially attracted to grow on me and we started to like each other but it ended when I met someone and he started getting serious with his girlfriend. And there are times like i'm going through now where we've been friends a while and I've gotten comfortable and i found out they liked me. I hate that.

Best Answer

I hate it too...I makes me sad actually...I have this great friend, or so I thought...I'm seeing him in a different light-Not sure the relationship can continue.
Is there just nothing to be done about this?

Best Answer

Idkn it depends on him and how mature he is. If he is willing to except the fact your not intrested you could continue the friendship however most men or most people especially men dont take rejection well.

Best Answer

That is why these things generally don't work out. Ego. And boy, is his inflated...I appreciate your candor

Best Answer

no prob.

Best Answer

Yeah, but I have to face the fact there are always guys who make it difficult for women to ever be close to men they aren't physically attracted to. There have been several women I thought would make good friends, but who were too busy being defensive to ever let that happen.

Best Answer

I would like to understand what you mean a little bit better. Would you care to elaborate?

Best Answer

Some guys are just aggressive and one tracked minded and women often learn to keep most guys at a distance so they don't get the wrong message or try to take advantage of them.

Best Answer

Yes, I can agree with you there. I think that is the case with this individual I'm thinking of. Aggressive and one track mind characterizes perfectly.

Best Answer

Those don't tend to make great platonic relationships with women unless you know they are committed to another relationship.

Best Answer

Only if one of them is gay

Best Answer

All of my close male friends are gay.
Im experiencing the same thing

Best Answer

Definitely....

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

Of course

Best Answer

I think they can be for some time, but it is very likely that at some point one of them wants the relationship change to something more erotic/sexual

Best Answer

No. Hormones will eventually take over.

Best Answer

Yes, at least I can say on my end. I have some male friends and there is no flirting or any such nonsense, it's just purely at a friendship level.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

Thats exactly my question. WHY NOT?

Best Answer

Sure

Best Answer

You don't sound too convinced

Best Answer

Well, it depends on the male and female's individual doctrines as well as their environment.

Best Answer