thegrey thegrey 26-30, M 26 Answers Feb 20, 2011

Depending upon different people in different situations, it is possible to control feelings. I have developed certain defense mechanisms that allows me to compartmentalize the feelings that I don't want to deal with and can't deal with.

Best Answer

Nope. That's against nature.

Best Answer

I am going thru something I have never in my life felt before. I have never fallen in love and I got to the point to even ask myself if I could even love someone. I met someone a couple of months ago and its like I have known him all my life. Its weird to me because I feel like this is not me. He too has feelings for me but at this moment we both cannot be together. And I dont know if that obstucle make us want to be with each other even more. I wont fight my feelings, I know I could and act like nothing is going on but at the same time I will just avoid something that might be awsome and if I just run I will never know if it was true love. Besides that might not mean that you will stop feeling the way you feel.I think we dont have nothing to lose in just giving your ALL to someone but also you must be careful on who. But I will go with NO, YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR FEELINGS. You can control yourself and act like nothing is happening inside of you but you have no control what so ever for your feelings, that is something bigger than you. If you dont want to feel the way you feel you can run and hide. It might hurt but you can control yourself. It will take lots of energy but is possible. It also depends in the situation of course, if two persons have feelings for each other but are married, then yes that is a sad story but sometimes the best thing to do is to fallow your heart. You can go to the other side of the world but It does not mean however that you are gonna STOP feeling the way you feel.

Best Answer

Im going through an awful break up.................because he is so cold to me. Im learning to hide my emotions................it is getting easier day by day. In my situation, trying to get hin to try and talk problems out,, he explodes like a mean child.

Best Answer

Do not hide your emotions.They are valid.Don't let on man make you emotionally unavailable for the next man with which you decide to be in a relationship. Sounds as if there is not only a breakdown in communication but that he may be unable to communicate what lies beneath his explosions.God bless.

Best Answer

NO you cant, and sometimes it can hurt!!!

Best Answer

Feelings can be controlled and turned on and off at will. It takes practice and a great deal of control and starts with blanking the mind of all thought and emotion. Once you strat down there road there is a danager and the question becomes is what you feel what you have made yourself feel or what you should feel

Best Answer

It really depends on the situation you are in. In my case, I can't tell you how many times I have been pressured into having sex before my time, which I haven't. Still a proud virgin. I feel as though I am the ONLY female on this planet who can make out with someone I love and have it be to the point of passion without it going any further than that.<br />
So, depending on the situation, depending on your self VALUE, depending on the morals that you have, you can control how you feel to a certain extent, yes. I'm walking proof of that.

Best Answer

In this day and age you would be considered a hero.I have only been with one woman,my wife.

Best Answer

to a certian extent. I developed feelings for a guy when i was married. I tried not to be in the same room as him. I would not be in the room with him if we were alone. After a while the feelings fade. This happened a couple times. So yea you can.

Best Answer

No, I don't believe so. I too am going through this. I love this man even though I shouldn't . I am controlling my actions but that too is getting very hard. Each day it feel as if I'm going to finally lose control. Maybe some people are stronger. But for me each minute that we are together it gets harder and harder. He is married and so am I. It is very distracting and heart wrenching.

Best Answer

Ouch.So,sorry.

Best Answer

Yes because feelings are the results of actions; therefore if you control your actions, you will control your feelings.

Best Answer

Feelings are very very hard to control. I am going to say NO.

Best Answer

No way, not if it's real love.

Best Answer

We feel how we feel until we feel otherwise.

Best Answer

I am pretty good at controlling my feelings away.. Perhaps I'm against nature then? I think it is quite easy to forget my feelings for someone I like if they don't like me back. But then I don't fight for anyone, I rather take away my feelings... sad...

Best Answer

i can & have

Best Answer

How???

Best Answer

maybe not you just get a bit busy with other things, trying not to love is backwards and futile. it just becomes a different kind of love

Best Answer

Hmmm

Best Answer

Dont know

Best Answer

No you can't.

Best Answer