I don't know about changing the course of fate, but I do believe in miracles. I have seen one.

Best Answer

Care to share?

Best Answer

It is a very long story, but here goes. I have a friend who had been crippled with arthritic knees for many years. One time, I asked her to come with me to Montreal with me to help with the closing of my mother's home after she died. She came; and while we were there, we went to visit St Joseph's Basilica. There is a belief that if you crawl up the steps, saying a prayer on each step, you will be healed of whatever problems you have. I teased her and told her to try it. She refused, of course. All through the church, I tried to goad her into lighting candles, saying prayers, asking Brother Andre's Spirit to heal her. She kept telling me that she didn't believe in miracles. I just laughed and told her I didn't either. I just wanted to see her try to kneel. She called me a not very nice name and we continued on our tour of the Basilica. Beautiful place, by the way.
When we left, we decided to take the elevators to save the wear on her knees. For her, walking downstairs was much harder than walking up them. Still, even after we took the elevator down to the ground floor, there was a flight of stairs about thirty steps long. We started down them and she sat down on the third or fourth step, crying. I sat beside her asking her if it was her knees. I was so worried. I thought maybe she had overdone it and was in pure agony. I was prepared to call an ambulance. She looked at me with wonder in her eyes and she said, Joan, the pain is gone. I have no pain.
I thought she had lost her mind. But she stood up and walked down the stairs , not even holding on to the rail. No pain. I had known her for 7 years at that time, and never saw her walk downstairs without a great deal of trouble. That was 19 years ago. Last time I saw her was about 10 years ago, and she was still not having trouble walking. The doctors told her that she must have been misdiagnosed in the past, because arthritis at such an advanced state as she had, doesn't just go away. That was when I started to believe that miracles sometimes do happen.

Best Answer

awesome story!

Best Answer

I have seen 3 so far.The first was a man that had had a severe stroke.Had a lot of people praying for him,and was up walking about a month later.A friend,Christie,was sent home to die with untreatable cancer.When she went back later to get it checked,they gave her x-rays and an MRI.Even two of the doctors said it could only be a miracle,they could find no trace of cancer.The third,a young man named Robert,had brain surgery for severe seizures.The surgery left his left side paralyzed,they said he would never be able to walk or use his left arm.In two weeks he was pushing himself in a wheel chair,3 weeks later walking.And yes,their fates were changed.

Best Answer

fate is a tough one

Best Answer

i do believe in miracles.

Best Answer

WOW !!! that is a great story

Best Answer

I think that was the day SHE started to believe in miracles too. LOL

Best Answer

Miracle is just a consequence of inner resistance released. Just a simple 4-letter word.

Best Answer