I read about the death of Tycho Brahe and I'm wondering if it can, apparently he had an enlarged protate but reports from people said he held it for hours, it burst and he died 11 days later..I don't know how this can happen because wouldn't your muscle give out before your bIadder came close to bursting? Could his enlarged postate have caused his bIadder to burst when he held it too long?
GlobeV GlobeV 31-35, M 10 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Health

Yes it can. I had a friend who went through surgery. Her bladder was on the verge of bursting by the time they caught the problem. She had complained all night but, the night staff didn't take her seriously. She received a catheter just in the nick of time, according to the morning staff.

Best Answer

Urinary retention for whatever cause can result in a ruptured bladder although the bladder itself normally has a good bit of elasticity to it - most often in the case of a blow over the bladder which can cause rupture- such as a blow to the abdomen sustained in an accident BUT with that degree of retention the urine will back up the ureters into the kidneys. It is in any consequence very serious and important to relieve the distention in limited incremenmts to prevent shock. .

Best Answer

It's more of a one thing leading to the other, I'd imagine it also wouldn't be too good for the kidneys, since it filters out toxins, a full bladder means there's nowhere to dump that excess waste and that process gets thrown out of whack too

Best Answer

I don't know who or what situation you are referring to, but I know urine is very toxic. It is very likely that the inability to expel the toxins in urine resulted in the death, not as a result of "bursting".

Best Answer

it could happen but it's extremely rare. Naturally, your body will refuse to hold more than what it can hold, you'll basically wet yourself before anything bursts.

Best Answer

Yes they can a man was doing an interview in a place where it was very unkind to go to the bathroom and it burst.

Best Answer

He must have had some other problem, because I would probably pee myself. I have to go all the time though because I'm prone to UTIs, so I don't have much experience with this.

Best Answer

Sometimes cranberry juice can help with this.

Best Answer

I used to take cranberry supplements, but I was always so thirsty. I'd rather just go more often.

Best Answer

i don't think so i hold it for 2 days but it can lead to kidney troubles

Best Answer

your bladder cant burst.. im guessing cuz if the liquid is too much for the "container" (idk the biological term..) and u keep on overflowing it with water it will just rise to ur tummy and ul feel like a balloon full of water

Best Answer