I am a middle aged woman and I have Chrohns disease so needless too say I DONT work,I dont have kids just dogs and I am so tired of being STUCK in my house because of my disease & when I tell someone I have Chrohns they act like I'm "Contagious" and I'm not.....When I DO go 2 the grocery store for about an hour a week I'm sooper happy too be just "Gone" from the house but KNOW if I get "Upset" in anyway I will have 2 head home immediatly. I know there are support groups and everything but its VERY hard 2 be plagued with something that keeps you confined its like I commiytted murder & im serving time just at home instead....I know ppl say "I would LOVE 2 be home allday" No,I have been doing it for 12 years now and yes I DO have my Remicade(meds for Chrohns and my depression meds Klonopins) They just don't ALWAYS work sometimes I just need someone 2 talk 2....IF you can relate in ANYWAY please let me know so I won't feel as bad as I do....I feel as iif God just PUT me here 2 be "Sick"? =(
Melonsss702 Melonsss702 31-35, F 8 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Loneliness

Do you do a gluten free diet? One of my patients has Chrohns and she swears that we provide her with the best care and make life tolerable.

Best Answer

Yea I noticed THAT helps ALOT wen I actually take the TIME 2 read stuff I eat but 2 be honest I don't....I get SO depressed I get a 12 pack of Mug Root Beer and will slam 4 and then of course be sick later its just a vicious circle for me...

Best Answer

I mean Y is "Chrohns" so HARD 2 deal with? Everytiime I ask someone HOW did I get this? My GI said ME drinking REGULAR Pepsi on a constand basis for 25 years didnt "Help" the condition my body was getting into =/ NO worries I was confused a LONG time ao....I have never drank alcohol or smoked ciggarretts or do drugs but now I smoke weed 2 eat and 2 go 2 sleep I just dont know WHY if I did everything right WHY did I get sick but people who drink a 5th of Vodka a day are fine? Im sure Pepsi didnt help neither did McDonalds,Burger King,Taco Bell,KFC ect ect but dayum if Pepsi would of said "Might cause intestinal DAMAGE" I would of never drank it but oh well I just wanna STAY happy it makes me feel better =))

Best Answer

Sure I can :-) x

Best Answer

Explain? =)

Best Answer

I know this is not getting out but by being on here at least you can talk to other people. Do you have hobbies and things you can do to distract you. I can not say I understand I have a car and go places and to be honest four walls and being left in peace when I am trying to write would be great but yes that for 12 years I would be going mad. Not sure it would help but when I am low I day dream the more silly the better I day dream perfect house then look on the internet to see if ones out there. I day dream perfect life, holiday etc distraction. Oh yes and find a support group where people understand and who knows you might find love. I know one thing I have a man friend no nothing more than hugs and kisses its complicated but someone who is not mum and dad I still live at home at 37. He is great I can tell him things and feel happy seeing him OK it should not be happening he is married but we help each other. I am less stressed and happier in me since I have known him even though he is 18 years older than me. I do hope something I have written will at least help a bit. Remember EP is always here with a ear at least.

Best Answer

I have a scooter =)) NO car I sold that when the economy took a nose dive and I was waiting 6 weeks for Unemployment 2 cont for mii husband BUT I do now walk my dog they are my LIFE and my Sasha she sits ON MY FEET when I go 2 the restroom bcuz I have had her since she was born so she knows that when I'm usually on the oval office I DONT feel good so she makes sure shes CLOSE....She lays under my chair at ALL times and I believe I can say we're connected at the hip so I dont really have "Hobbies" I just have WAY 2 much time on my hands and it leads me 2 think of BAD stuff like death....I have seen a psychologist but 2 NO avail they just throw me Klonopins smh but I AM going bak 2 college in 2 months 2 finish my Bachelors degree 2 become an RN....I think I will and CAN control my "Bowels" if im happy at work and with my meds being an RN I kno is stressful but I believe its more rewarding at the end of the day =)) Thanx for your support U are fukiin AWESOME!!! Thanx Again!!

Best Answer

Thank you well life for me is no bed of roses but I am deturmined not to let it get to me otherwise I would have crumbled aged about twenty I am 37.

Best Answer

Human, posting question on EP. Yeah, I'm thinking there are a LOT of people who can relate. What specifically were you looking for...?

Best Answer

Yes I can totally relate

Best Answer

HOW? Do U have iit 2? =/

Best Answer

I dont have anything as bad as crohns but I have colitis. I was 133 5"6 before I got it, now I am 97lbs and I am always sick. People dont understand what it is like to be in pain, nauseous, diarrhea all the time. Being afraid to eat and then being accused or made fun of because I am so skinny. It sucks but I dont know how it feels to have crohns, I am so sorry.

Best Answer

I actually experienced C-Diff Colitis because I have basically had a bladder infection for years now was taking "Cipro" it was REALLY working 2 but then that C=Diff hit my gut the D was WATER and my WHOLE abdomen hurt like HELL I took some Immodium prayed and drove like 7 miles 2 the hospital that I liked and I got there is like 8 mines I was catching EVERY light but I really wished I was DEAD when all THAT happened because of the Antibiotic but if I EVER get it I will take Culturelle with the Cipro so NO C-Diff...Have a great day =)

Best Answer

just got out of the hospital yesterday lmfao!!! I was put on cipro a few weeks ago for the same. I swear I have a perpetual uti

Best Answer