My friend called me up and said that her 18 y.o. brother was dating a 16 y.o. girl and the girl's mom called her brother and said if he didn't leave her alone that she would call the cops and have him arrested for statutory rape. They are both in high school, he's a senior and she's a junior about to be 17 in May.
ImNotGood ImNotGood 31-35, F 16 Answers Mar 29, 2011

In UK legal age of consent is 16, which means that there is nothing legally wrong with an 18 yo and 16 yo having a " full" relationship.<br />
Morally there is nothing wrong in dating at these ages. If the gap was bigger that would be different.

Best Answer

They are 1 grade apart!!! Nothing wrong with that!

Best Answer

age of consent 18: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.<br />
(http://www.rsolvirginia.org/age-of-consent/)

Best Answer

depends on the state and also in some states it is illegal to have oral and anal sex. this goes back to homosexuals being consitered mentaly ill. i just got any upset stomach i am so upset over that stupidity.

Best Answer

yes its illegal to copulate with anyone under 18...its called stautory rape. and the law does not know a 2 year difference. underage is underage

Best Answer

As long as you are not allowed to drink in a public place I think you are also underage for everything else. And you shouldn't mess with big mama. After you make a trouble in her family how would you leave her for a month or two?

Best Answer

i dont think so. Here i think ur legally an adult at 16. I think ur fine only a 2 yr difference i wouldnt worry about it

Best Answer

depends on the state and whether or not parents push the issue

Best Answer

oh I think her mom's going to push the issue

Best Answer

They can make all sorts of laws and the parents can supervise all they want but they can't stop sex...unless they call a cop...maybe. It's a part of life. and short of putting a restraining order on the 18 year old and chaining the daughter to the bathroom things are going to happen and if she's about to be 17 then it isn't that far a jump age wise. I'd keep a low profile until she gets to her 17th b'day.

Best Answer

I think he should leave her alone though, he starts college in the fall at Virginia Tech & nobody wants him to mess up this chance.

Best Answer

Depending on the state he could, she's underaged regardless of how you flip it.

Best Answer

There's no statutory rape unless they actually have sex. Merely dating someone under the age of consent isn't illegal. Also, at seventeen, she's already of legal age, isn't she? Or is it different where you are?

Best Answer

I live in Virginia and I think the age of consent is 18 and I think sex is what started this mess (got caught foolin' around)

Best Answer