Sure. The Bible is written by man. Some Christians think that there may have been some errors or the translations screwed things up.

Best Answer

The way I see it - I do not think so!<br />
If you are going to adopt a faith, then you should believe that your book is the word of God thus it is perfect.

Best Answer

No, bring back the heretic fork, the tongue tearer and the rack.

Best Answer

Isn't it all about feeling the presence of Jesus in your life and isn't it that feeling that allows you to interpret the bible. In which case the bible is kinda unimportant because Jesus could presumably teach you everything he wanted to using any text., simply by giving you the appropriate interpretation.<br />
You could be a Christian and read the Quran and Jesus would use it to teach you what he wants you to know. So the real question is "If you have Jesus in your life why is the bible so important?" Anything you could want to know and any question you could have and any guidence you could possibly need should surely be available through your relationship with Jesus.<br />
If your friend had a biography in print would you read the biography or would you just ask your friend? Right, you'd just ask your friend. So what does a person who can get direct revelation from Christ need with a book? In which case surely after a direct revelation from Jesus a Christian could plausibly say that the Bible is hokum.

Best Answer

Voracity? I believe its in our disposition to question. Its ok. Faith builds and gains a deeper root with guidance and understanding the text. I struggle daily being a good christian. Sometimes its minute by minute.. HUMAN......

Best Answer

yes, it doesn't have to be a contradiction either. You can follow what you understand the teachings of Christ to be while acknowledging that the bible itself has been guided by the hand of man through the centuries. If you know anything about how the popular version of the bible came to be, it might make more sense to you. Even looking at wikipedia and getting some basic history may help.

Best Answer

veracity and bible never were good bedfellows<br />
are you from glasgowland ?

Best Answer

Yes. Jeremiah 8:8 ..........there is a lot in the bible that is completely unbelievable. I am outraged by the superstition that exists within the Christian community.

Best Answer

sixty per cent of voting republicans are evangelicals in south carolina...that's like the kkk never went away or something...who are these idiots ?

Best Answer

All the time.... I won't go off on a rant now.

Best Answer

People can CLAIM anything, it doesn't make them right.

Best Answer