leopard79 leopard79 26-30, F 12 Answers Aug 7, 2009

Antidepressants vary considerably with different people. Because one works for me does not necessarily mean it will work for you. However I have had success with Efexor - XR (slow release).

Best Answer

It is so true that meds work differently with all people. Case in point- There 2 positive responses on here for Paxil and Effexor, and worked well for these people. I, however had no energy and seemed even angrier when I took Paxil, and Effexor took me to the worst point of my life. Welbutrin worked really well for me, so your Dr. would probably be able to best get you started on something based on your history. And yes, CBT works wonders!!

Best Answer

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and meditation

Best Answer

If you are looking out for an anti-depressant, two of the most recommended drugs interventions are Prozac and Zoloft which can be available at Pro-medics.com

But take them with the advise of a doctor to know the duration of the treatment.

Best Answer

Everyone is different so there is no one correct answer to your question. With that said, out of all the antidepressants available today, the SSRI's (Selective Seritonin Reuptake Inhibitors) generally are tolerated the best with minimal side effects that generally go away as treatment progresses. Most people do complain (men) of sexual problems, hard time maintaining an erection and climaxing, but this to can get better with time or possibly a decrease in dose. One more piece of advice, Wellbutrin is known for its lack of sexual side effects. It is not the best drug out there, but it is effective in a large group of people, and like I said, it lacks any sexual side effects. With all that said, it is still a crap shoot. You have to give one a try, and if it doesn't work, your Doc. might up your dose, or add another drug, or switch drugs complertley. But you will have to give any one of them at least 3-4 weeks to see the benefit of the drug.

Best Answer

Prozac. I had no side effects. And it worked for me.

Best Answer

I've heard good things about WellButrin and Lexapro taken together. My doctor just prescribed Lexapro by itself to me--did NOT work well, but my dad told me that Wellbutrin can sort of erase the side effects from Lexapro.

The best thing to do would be talk to your doctor about your options for antidepressants--he/she will probably know best. Also, tell him/her about your concerns with the side effects of antidepressants.

Best Answer

Weed...it is organic!

Best Answer

all drugs have side effects, the effects differ with different people

you and your doc should choose one for you

Best Answer