the heat in the house has not be working for a couple day/nights and I almost never get sick or a cold but now I am People say the cold is a virus and you can not get it just from being cold and/or wet so did it just turn out this way? or can they cold air, etc. be some how lowering my immune system making me more likely to get a cold?
thinksexy thinksexy 22-25, T 6 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Health

As BrideofKain said; being cold won't do it; but we do always have bacteria and viruses, in our bodies. Normally your body is busily fighting infection, by keeping a rein on the bad guys, but when you are cold, then your body is busily keeping you from hypothermia, letting the bad guys run rampant in you, making you sick at their leisure.

Best Answer

no being cold does not give you a cold. cold and flu season is as a result of the weather being cold because when its cold people dont go out as often

Best Answer

Also, when the weather gets colder, the air becomes dry. This in turn dries out your nasal passages and causes cracks to form in them making a nice door for viruses to enter into.

Best Answer

its usually when you change temperatures really quick. Like if you sit in the heat all day, then stand out in the cold awhile. Or if the actual temperature outside changes rapidly one day to the next, like really cold one day then the next day it is 55 and raining, you will catch it. You body adjusting lowers your immune system imo

Best Answer