dejaentendu90 dejaentendu90 22-25, F 16 Answers Jul 19, 2012

If you are studying at an english university, or work at a place where english is the common language, then yes. Do they have the legal right to tell you to speak english on your own time, no.

Best Answer

I've never heard of that. But, do you really want to risk your livelihood to challenge it?

Best Answer

That's stupid. You're saying employers have the power to break the law because they sign your check?

Best Answer

yes and they do it a lot thanks to Republicans who have passed laws favoring bosses and against workers its the new slavery

Best Answer

If the boss or the teacher can't speak their language then they can find out the door works well both ways.

Best Answer

Yes as far as business goes, I believe the courts have ruled that when you represent a business they can dictate what language you speak, who you dress, etc.,. I do not believe the courts have litigated the issue as to schools.

Best Answer

In the movies whistle blowers are paraded as heroes, but in reality they get stomped on. Even the ones that win like Karen Silkwood tend to end up dead or losing everything. That's why people can get away with such things, because Americans don't give a dam unless it hits home for them personally.

Best Answer

If you're in America and have a command of the english language, why not speak it? If your employer and other employees speak english and you don't and can it makes it seem like you have some thing to hide and are talking behind their backs. It's common courtesy law or not.

Best Answer

Language can be a requirement of any employment contract but usually as a function of the language of business.

Best Answer

I think if anything there asking u to do it for respect for all they know ur bad talking them... They don't understand what ur saying how would you fell if someone was talking around u at work or school and u didn't understand them... Its all up to u its your right as a person to speak in your launge though.

Best Answer

depends ,in some cases yes. My old employer specified English speaking only in the contract for safeguarding purposes.

Best Answer

Not in the USA, since there is no official language. But in the UK there is.

Best Answer

Where is here?

Best Answer

The us

Best Answer

I cannot answer that 'Legally' , but Morally I Believe they have a point. A COMMON language "promotes" Unity; which IS better than Division.

Best Answer