Yes it can and it does.Some people show it more than others.It is part of what some studies call the 5 stages of mourning.It is something everybody goes through in one way or another.Don't let it control you.As long as you don't stay stuck in a particular way you will be ok. Try to concentrate on what you're feeling and why you're feeling it.And seek your family and friends for comfort.I'm sorry for your loss.Hope all passes as soon as possible for you.Take care.

Best Answer

Thank you. I imagine I'll jump back, but it feels like it's taking a life time. I appreciate your response..you too, take care.

Best Answer

I have had experienced this couple time in my past. I think the best way to explain this is a cut on your skin. It doesnt effect much toward what you do but it sting times to time. At the begining you can feel it throbbing and cant even sleep soon slowly you heal up but during that process it still hurt or stringing. Then when it healed up itll leavr a scare now matter you like it or not even tike you look at it, it will be there. But death is just anoyher part of life im sure you already know this and I am not insulting your intelligent but what helps me is rather than mourning someone life why dont you celebrate or think of how good your time you have has with him. <br />
And the matter that he taking his own life? <br />
People do things that in their head they think its right all the times. Sooo please if you like to have conversation or have someone to listen? I am your man :)

Best Answer

Thank you. And that's an awesome example. I've talked to my husband, and family and some friends about it all, and they just try to reassure me that in time, it'll all be okay. Not that I'll forget about my dad, but that I'll be more comfortable with the idea of him being gone. I guess I'm just finding it strange that I feel like something completely shifted in my thought process the second I found out. And while you mentioned sleep, I thought after that night that I would never be able to sleep again..but thankfully enough, that aspect has healed in time. :)

Best Answer

:) the past can kill you, but it can also save your life. Remember well

Best Answer

im sorry for your loss, you are just grieving everyone reacts different when someone they love passes. With time im sure you will be your normal self again

Best Answer

Thank you. I'm sure you're right...I've just never had anything like that happen before. I just hope my normal self catches up to me sooner than later, ha. :)

Best Answer

i dont know what its like to lose someone that close to me and if nothing like this has happened to you until now its just shocked you and it knocks you off balance if you get what i mean

Best Answer

I get what you mean, and I appreciate your response. You know, that you're able to give good feedback without actually having dealt with the same thing. It means a lot, and I thank you for it :)

Best Answer

you're welcome hun :)

Best Answer

this is a very sad story - you suffer from shock and your mind not yet recover. Loss of parent is huge trauma, you have to make huge adjustments. Your friend should understand more, be more supportive. Give yourself time. You are aware of problem, so you will deal with it when time is right. I send you blessings.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for that. I agree, and I'm thankful to have a select few to talk about all of this to. Take care :)

Best Answer