Chocolategirl18 Chocolategirl18 18-21, F 18 Answers Jun 15, 2012

Depends on the person. I personally find that depression makes me lose my appetite and want to sleep a lot. Other people get into emotional eating and become insomniacs, so it varies from person to person. Two quotes to sum it up:

my friend who eats more in a depression: "You can tell that I've been feeling really low because I can't button my jeans anymore."

me: "My 'skinny jeans' fit now, but it's pointless because I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I'm going back to sleep."

Best Answer

Not eating and sleeping alot is what I am more apt to do if "depressed" about anything...

Best Answer

Depression is funny like that. Some overeat and some lose their appetite. Just like some get insomnia while others want to sleep all day.

Best Answer

Absolutely

Best Answer

yep some people over eat and some people cant eat or manage to keep it down if they do.

Best Answer

Of course. If you are that kind of person. Some people eat when they're depressed, others can't. Strange species we are, aren't we.

Best Answer

yes, that is one of the many symptoms that depression has.

Best Answer

For me; yes. I have lost my appetite and wanted to sleep alot. I lost 15 lbs in a month just by eating veggies with ranch dip; it was all I could stomach; not a diet for weight loss that I would recommend. Depends upon if food has been used to comfort you; if it has, you might be more likely to EAT MORE or specific things when you are depressed.

Best Answer

In many more ways than one...Its pretty much the definition of depression.

Best Answer

yes, it feels like you are stuck in a pit that is so dark and deep, you want to get out but there is no way so eventually, you give up trying to do anything, you don't think about anything other than how bleak your situation is and how you can most easily put an end to it.

Best Answer

yes i lost 14ilb in a week before when i was really depressed

Best Answer

Yeah, definitely. Depression can make people lose their appetite and thats why some people who have depression lose a lot of weight and likewise depression can cause weight gain because because of the depression it makes some people eat a lot more.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

More seriously, can eating make you lose your depression?

Best Answer

maybe...i think chocolate can destress a person

Best Answer

De-stress or distress? Or is it the amount of chocolate that will distress someone? How much chocolate is too much chocolate? How do you know when you are in chocolate distress?

Best Answer

yes - it can send you in all sorts of directions

Best Answer