xstephanierose xstephanierose 18-21, F 19 Answers Mar 2, 2012

Having a pet can help with everything.

Best Answer

I think it helps with depression more than it does with anxiety.

Best Answer

Only if u treat them well

Best Answer

Animals are very therapeutic. Great cuddlers. Love my cat! :)

Best Answer

Yes they can! the financial responsibility can cause anxiety though and it's not only the vaccines if they get sick or even a minor injury can cost you a fortune!

Best Answer

Most days it seems to help me. Except on the days like the other day when she ate the plug off of a fan. Draged it from under the bed an into the hall while I was in the basement working out.

Best Answer

Studies have proven that petting an animal lowers one's blood pressure. Yes, it can keeping in mind that having a pet is not a total cure for anxiety. A dog is a long-term responsibility-many dogs live for more than 10 years. What kind of pet are you thinking of gettting?

Best Answer

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, I believe pets can definitely help with anxiety. As someone who suffers from this from time to time, I've found what helps me shake it off is to be able to focus on something else. We have three cats (no kids), and I find just sitting and having a few moments with one or more of them helps wipe away some of the anxiety. It lets you focus on something other than yourself, even if it's just for a little bit. Over time, you'll be in better control of your anxieties (and not just from having a new cat or whatever, but in trying to do things to improve yourself and your outlook).

Obviously, a pet isn't going to be the entire solution, but it can be a nice companion and a nice spoke in the overall wheel of starting to feel better. And I hope you will feel better.

Best Answer

I had a newfie once... big dog which kept me active... he was also very mellow.. now I'm around boxers which drive me nuts... personal choices have to be made when looking for the right pet...some do help though..my greatgrandmother had her favorite cat by her side all the time...it kept them both happy.

Best Answer

I would hate not having a pet

Best Answer

Yes, and even petting a cat can lower blood pressure. It's a good way to get your mind off things and it's always a good feeling coming home with a new pet!

Best Answer

ummm if you value your furniture a kitten may increase it.

Best Answer

yeah as long as its not a pet tiger

Best Answer

YESH. Jay Z helps with my sons tics. (his tabby)

Best Answer

most definitely!

Best Answer