What's your current job?

Best Answer

I am an accountant by profession but currently working in an IT firm as a consultant.

Best Answer

Seems not easy if your journey is long-term.

Best Answer

Really? :(
If I'll get a job, I would probably stay there for atleast a year..

Best Answer

I don't know.Good luck anyhow.

Best Answer

Thank you then :)

Best Answer

No worries.:)

Best Answer

It's hard to get a work permit really hard.

Best Answer

Are the companies hesitant to sponsor someone like me? Btw, are you from aus?

Best Answer

No I'm in Canada and have had a few friends try, a couple got 3 month cards but it was hard. Like the USA it's only a company sponsorship for large corporations (done by transfer.. Eg: a hotel in usa transfers you to another they own in Austraila) or highly trained professionals like Doctors or engineers outside of that it's really hard.

Best Answer

Sad to know :(
Are you suggesting that it would be better to secure a job first before going there, so maybe apply online for now?

Best Answer

Not suggesting anything, don't take my word or anyone on ep's word on anything. Do your own research and follow your dreams

Best Answer

Actually, getting some comments here is part of my research :D Thank you for answering and giving advice.. I'll be careful in taking words from anyone and try my best to reach my dreams :)

Best Answer

Melbourne as in the U.S or Aus? Depending on how you describe decent? Could be a cleaner with a good pay or a clerk with a crappy one.

Best Answer

Australia. Decent as in something with a good pay to pay my rent and eat 3 times a day :)

Best Answer

Job not paying enough? Judging by your Profession I highly doubt you'll have troubles finding something decent. Guess you won't know until you seek and start applying :)

Best Answer

Thanks for the encouragement :)
I read the requirements on how to get skilled independent visa and I think it would take a lot of time to finish the entire process, thus, I am thinking of going there and finding a job straight from the employer. However, I am not sure if there are lots of companies that would be willing to sponsor people like me and help me get working visa :(
Btw, are you from aus?

Best Answer

My apologies didn't realise you were from another country. Regardless I still think you would not have any troubles. I guess the only way would be attaching a cover letter explaining your circumstances and why you have chosen that particular company to work with. I am from Aus. I moved to Melbourne some years ago and stayed for a few years and returned back to my state.

Best Answer

Yes, I am from an asian country.. Do you think applying there personally is better than online even though it means that I would be needing their help to get work permit?
Btw, it's nice to know I am speaking with someone from there :) May i know where are you staying now and why you left Melbourne?

Best Answer

Have you checked the Working in Australia website? I think that may be of use to you. I have moved back to nsw.

Best Answer

I am now, lol.. Thank you for sharing me this site and for the invite :)

Best Answer

Sure :)

Best Answer

Doubt it.

Best Answer

May i know why you think so?

Best Answer

Job market is pretty tight.

Best Answer

May i know if you're from aus? :)

Best Answer