Never pay attention to expiry dates. They're guidelines and have almost nothing to do with when the food goes off. You can eat some things months past the expiry date, or somethings can go off months BEFORE the expiry date. <br />
The only way to tell if food is good or not is to actually smell it, look at it, or taste a tiny bit. If it smells, looks, or tastes bad, throw it out. If not, it's fine.

Best Answer

Expiration dates aren't set in stone, merely strong estimates. If if looks good, smells good, and a small bite tastes fine, there's no reason you can't eat it even a day after the expiration date. But if if looks or smells "off" before the expiration, don't chance it, toss it.

Best Answer

Upon the advice of my mum, I sometimes freeze meat which is to expire the next day. Nothing happens to that meat. When I unfreeze it, I can use it and it tastes absolutely fine. I do not get a stomach ache either.

Best Answer

Rather then eating things with exportation dates on them, (usually means they are loaded with pois.. I me preservatives) eat things that you know are fresh, (most things in the outside isles of any market). You can tell immediately when they go bad.

Best Answer

I have mustard I use that "expired" 3 YEARS ago. It's fine...excuse me...I have to hurl...ROFL

Best Answer

you should get some logic lessons, sweetheart. eat it, you'll be fine.

Best Answer

Use sight and smell as your first line of defense. Expiration dates are estimations. These estimations are under controlled conditions.....That could mean in a climate controlled area or storage area that doesn't quite fit yours. Example; some people refrigerate or freeze their bread, some take them out of the package immediately and place them in bread boxes, some are exposed to direct sunlight, etc. All those things vary the approximation of expiration dates.

Best Answer

It it's not covered in mold......go for it!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

you should be fine unless the package has been opened and it is very perishable (dairy)

Best Answer

Yeah you can... Might want to stay away from dairy products as they start to taste bad a day or 2 before that. Same with juices... I typically don't eat/drink anything that's going to expire within 4 days.

Best Answer

no problem

Best Answer

Yes, if it still looks and smells good you can even go a few days afterward. Truly depends on the food.

Best Answer