ok, so i have had my period for about 4 days now, and i think its started to go away. i don't bleed in the day, (other than brown blood. i only bleed that when i wear a big pad.) but when i get out of the shower, i do bleed a little. tomorrow our class is going to the swimming pool for pe. i would bring a note, but then if i do that, all my friends will ask why i'm not in the water, and because i have a lot of friends, i don't want them to know. i don't feel conferrable wearing a tampon but i do, wearing a pad. i know the blood stops when you get in the water, and that pads will just obsorve all the water around it. but i wasn't planning to wear a big pad, just ultra thin ones that hardly have any cushioning in it. please help! i scared that the blood will come running down my leg. or if i can't do that, what can i tell my friends why I'm out of the pool?
puppylover132 puppylover132 13-15, F 22 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Women's Health

It's not hygienic to go swimming during your period with a pad.

Best Answer

yeh, but there's a sating 'BLOOD'S THICKER THAN WATER' ! LOL

Best Answer

I honestly would not wear a pad, chances are it come unglued and float away.

Best Answer

i know this is a late answer but you can go swimming with pad on. But not just any pad, there are specials pads you can wear while swimming and they're called swim-pads and you can get them at target, Walmart and what-so-ever. They help alot. I had the same problem... Just for future references use a swim-pad or a tampon (if you're comfortable with one now)

Best Answer

Uhm are you sure there's a swim pad in walmart ? i want to buy one because i have swimming lesson on wednesday and that will be my 4th day of period. target is quiet far from my house.

Best Answer

ok the pressure of the water is going to slow your flow down to practically nothing, i know because i have tried it, wear either an ultra thin OR a small pantiliner (i advise you to wear the pantiliner) and if you do go swimming wear BOARD SHORTS or SHORT SPORTS SHORTS !!!!! hope this helped.....<3

Best Answer

Please help me, it's my 2nd day of my period and my blood is brown, but I swim on a swim team and I don't wear tampons or anything what should I do?!?!?!!!!

Best Answer

i was just like u looking for answers and i wasnt gana wear a tampon! dont let ur peroid stop u from doing things like swimming! i went swimming with my period a couple times just make sure u wear ur swimming bottom and then wear a pair of black or brown shorts!!! even if ur a heavy bleeder u can still go! when i first went on my period i thought when i went to change there was gana be a whole lot of blood, but nope it was just a tiny bit which came off with a liitle of bleach! and if u still think u might ''leak'' find a close friend of urs and ask em to tell u if anything looks ''suspicious'' lol (even though it wont! do not wear a pad thoe.... it will inflate and it will look embarasing

Best Answer

Around the 4th or 5th day of your period the flow is light. You could swim, just wear a dark bathing suit and be a little careful.

Best Answer

I wouldn't want to enter a red coloured swimming pool, wait til your periouds have stopped :)

Best Answer

Hun, you can't wear a pad in the water, besides: it's very noticable in your swim suit or bikini if you would go like that in the water.

It's better to use a tampon and if you don't feel comfortable with it, then I suggest you just bring a note. Having your period is part of growing up, so your friends will know eventually=) Also, have you ever concidered taking birth control pil? That way you can control your period (if you are concidering it: you always have to consult a doctor first!)

Best Answer

Tell your friends you can't get into the pool because you have a period.

Best Answer

Yeah go but you have to swim with a waterproof costume..Just be careful of chlorinated water...!!!

Best Answer

i was just like u looking for answers and i wasnt gana wear a tampon! dont let ur peroid stop u from doing things li

ke swimming! i went swimming with my period a couple of times just make sure u wear ur swimming bottom and then wear a pair of black or brown shorts!!! even if ur a heavy bleeder u can still go! when i first went on my period i thought when i went to change there was gana be a whole lot of blood, but nope it was just a tiny bit which came off with a liitle of bleach! and if u still think u might ''leak'' find a close friend of urs and ask em to tell u if anything looks ''suspicious'' lol (even though it wont!)

Best Answer

also what i forgot is DO NOT WEAR A PAD its better to go with as i said ur swimming bottom and a pair of dark shorts. If u wear ur pad it will inflate and it will be embarasing :)

Best Answer

You can wear a pad but i reccomend a pantyliner and wear dark baggy shorts over it. There is another way... You can be normal and just wear the normal swimsuit without anything....you know why?? Because the blood stops when it reaches water. Hope this helps xoxoxoxo Zara

Best Answer

You can go swimming with a pad on because I did it before I was on my 2nd day on my period and I was scared that the blood will come rushing down my legs but it didn't. But make sure that you change it every 1-2 hours. My mom told me it would be fine and nothing will happen. Don't try to keep fussing with the pad because you don't want to make it obvious that you are wearing a pad. Wear boarding shorts over your swimsuit in a dark color. Hope this helped

Best Answer

Ewwwww

Best Answer

You can go swimming without a pad or tampon because when you get in the water the blood stop.

Experience

Best Answer

I heard that you might get infections from the germ contained in the water.Swimming pool water is not clean you know?

Best Answer

Who is this 'edinburgh1964' who keeps dropping mysogynistic replies? One really doesn't mentrate that much during a period - maximum absorption tampons only hold 12-15 gms of fluid, and during a heavy period that could fill in 1-2 hours. So we are talking about a tbsp - 1oz of fluid in over an hour. I can promise you, when toddlers are peeing in the pool, they produce a lot more than that! Moreover, that is why pools are chlorinated - to disinfect and sterilise. The chlorine would also bleach the haemoglobin, thereby removing the 'red' colour. Anyway, the water pressure should stop your flow when you are submerged. And yes you can use a pad, and it will have some effect. If you fill a sponge with water, then take it out of the water, it will start to increase its absorbancy immediately by draining water out the bottom - same with a pad. The pad in the area next to your body will still do an OK job of keeping menstral fluid from going right through your bathing suit (but don't count on it for more than 15 minutes - either swim again or put on a fresh pad).

Best Answer