I had a good size healthy breakfast and lunch and small snacks in between but I'm not hungry enough to eat at night, is that going to help me lose weight or will it just make my body go in starvation mode while I sleep? (I'm also exercising)
Bananna Bananna 31-35 23 Answers May 14, 2009

rope skipping will be more effective than dinner skipping for weight lose..

Best Answer

Well, if you're thinking about skipping dinner... well, ive been skipping my night's meal, for almost 2 months now, and believe it or not, I've lost more than 13 pounds... pretty much huh?.. but go figure :D.. ..

i mean, obviously, there is a little craving, but as the time passes by, even the craving thing will slow down itself... and if you still can't help it, eat 'an apple' and half a glass milk or juice... that really works when the starvation begins..

But as some people here said it's not good with the weight-loss thing, well, consider that as well... Because not everyone has the same kind of metabolism... and yes, do consult a dietitian, if u feel fatigued during the first 2-3 weeks.. or just buy 'Nutrilite Daily by Amway', which is an excellent nutrient supplement....

Good Luck!

Best Answer

Let me start by saying I'm no Dr. But I've spent a lifetime worrying over my weight and what causes weight gain (and trying to avoid it!) The basic idea of reducing caloric intake is a sound one by itself. However, technically speaking when you go without food for long periods (i.e. hours) your body really does enter into a starvation mode. By skipping dinner entirely you are setting yourself up for your body to stash away as much fat as possible from your breakfast once you do eat, since you are probably going without food for around 15 hours between the afternoon snack and breakfast the next day. It would be much better for you if you could reduce the size of breakfast and lunch, and add a small dinner. Keep your snacks in between small and healthy--like some fruit and a lot of water. Also, filling up on water instead of snacking yourself to death will help you lose weight. And keep exercising! :D Good luck!

Best Answer

I used to never eat dinner, because my mother made the main meal for dinner. All the meat and potatoes or pasta and veggies and salad for dinner. I couldn't stand it, so I stopped eating dinner, put that huge plate in the fridge and ate if for breakfast. I was super skinny, always had energy. I was super fit from dancing and yes I had a huge metabolism. I slept like a log. Never dreamt nightmares or Alice in Wonderland kind of dreams. I also heard a quote long ago by a man who lived till over a hundred. When people asked him what he did he simply said: "If you want to live long and sleep well, give your dinner to someone else." Well, I am now married. I cook for myself off course and I make our big meal at lunch time and dinner is just sandwiches and salad. I gained a jean size... I am now on the 3rd night of skipping dinner and my tummy is already back to is flat self. Now I just need to burn the thighs and hips... Don't ask me why it works like this and how, but it does. It simply just does.

Best Answer

eating the majority of your calories during the day and less at night is generally a good policy. but never starve yourself. in the meantime eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, grains nuts, etc is good. meat and processed food should be eaten sparingly, if at all.

enjoy your body and be kind to it.:)

Best Answer

It did not work for me...have to excercise I guess..

Best Answer

NO that would be stupid, your body will learn to store if you miss a meal, and that won't help, just make it a healthy dinner.

Best Answer

No i wouldnt sy so, and you may just end up over eating at the next meal. Small regular snacks and meals or the answer.

Best Answer

No do not do mot do not do not do not do not cut out meals anorexia is a terrible disease youre body NEEDS those calories to burn up for energy just eat healthier food in small proportions, cutting down on snacking is a beneficial choice to

Best Answer

Any decrease in calorie intake, provided that your physical activity levels remain the same, will result in a weight loss.It is not necessary to skip dinner...but what is important is the content and size. Your overall calorie intake must balance your energy expenditure. What is so important for all of us is to STAY ACTIVE!

Best Answer

Hello. Why not just have a light snack instead of skipping dinner completely? Fool your body so that it doesn't go into what you described so delightfully as "starvation mode". I wish I had your discipline. The first meal of the day for me is usually at about 4.00pm, about ten hours after I got up! HTH.

Best Answer

Yes, but be prepared to deal with crappy metabolism the rest of your life.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure it will work, actually. It sounds like you're eating enough throughout the day that it shouldn't really be a problem.

Best Answer

It will go into starvation mode I believe. Im not a doctor though.

Best Answer

Starvation mode can ultimately take up to 72 hours to actually start. It's all down to the numbers. The calories you consumed in that time. It takes 3,500 calories to burn off one pound.

Generally speaking yes, skipping dinner is an easy way to ensure that you are losing weight (probably a fraction of a pound). I know that I've succeeded if I feel hungry before bed.

Best Answer