And if I did round it up, it would be a 4.0? Or Not? Would it be wrong if I DO round it up?
Aeroilyn Aeroilyn 16-17, F 16 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in EP

I would recommend treating your GPA as you would treat measurements in your chemistry and physics classes. Your GPA has 5 significant figures. If you are filling out an application that only allows 3 significant figures, your GPA would be written down as 4.00.<br />
If you were to write your GPA as 4.0000, that would be dishonest. 4.0000 has 5 significant figures and does not represent your GPA when its rounded. <br />
Overall, don't bother rounding up your GPA and reducing the significant figures unless the application you are filling out restricts the number of digits.

Best Answer

It is your call, but 3.9 is very impressive, it got my daughter a partial scholarship to a very fine liberal arts college where she graduated magna *** laude

Best Answer

yes you can round your GPA up..but the registrar will keep it as such...

Best Answer

I think they will realize you're awesome by the 3 digit after that dot.

Best Answer

I think a 3.99 would raise some cool questions that would allow you to explain how brilliant you are. And modest. No, I am not kidding.

Best Answer

i dunno and i'm in high school with a gpa of 3.7

Best Answer

After college yes.

Best Answer

yes just say its 4.0 lol

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer