I've had PTSD since I was 11 and now, for my dissertation I'm speaking at various schools in my state and interviewing trauma victims with PTSD to collect more stories than just my own. My dissertation will be in the form of a book written for childhood trauma victims to help them cope and understand what's happening. Although I love psychiatrists, they have helped me greatly over the years, they only know the theories and science of my reactions and triggers. They can't understand the emotions. If you would like to tell me your story, please message me and I'll be more than ecstatic to bombard you with questions. :D
TerraLee TerraLee 18-21, F 4 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in PTSD

You're a good person

Best Answer

Awww thank you! I'm hoping to do something good with this. I remember the fear and I don't want anyone, child or not, to have no idea where to turn.

Best Answer

also... *hugs tight*

Best Answer

Aww :-D there's not too many ppl out there like u. Good luck with helping trauma victims! :-)

Best Answer

Well. i guess i fall into that catagory... ask me anything.

Best Answer

PTSD can be caused by any traumatic event from a car wreck to military time. Any and all types are welcome, I hope to help as many children gets answers as I can.

Best Answer

Would you mind messaging me with a sort of outline of the time from the trauma to now? I'd like to treat each situation as it is - unique. I don't want this endeavor to become another generic book for the masses. After I know roughly what your past is I can better come up with questions for you :D

Best Answer

Can't say I had a huge trauma but something happened with fire when I was little that traumatized me a little. :P

Best Answer

Everyone responds differently. I even count the movie "Gremlins" as a trauma :D Even something like a small housefire can shake up a child and I want to cover as many situations as I can

Best Answer

Alright, my neighbour's house was on fire, after that I kept dreaming about being burned, fire and even lava. It's healed now, though I still have a very small sense of uncomfortablity when close to any kind of fire lol. Though fire can be quite nice.

Best Answer

That sounds like a trauma to me, perhaps not a huge one but still enough to cause issues. How old were you when this happened? How long did the dreams last? Did they go away in time or did you talk to someone about it?
Also, I apologize if it takes me a while to respond, I've gotten a lot of answers to this.

Best Answer

I think around 8 or something, the dreams lasted at least a few months. They went away in time because I slowly got over it. That's okay lol.

Best Answer

I am here. I have been to hell and back. And I am still here to tell the story. And I have healed my trauma too. How much do you want to know?

Best Answer

As much as you are comfortable telling. I know how annoying it can be to be pushed into telling every little detail. A rough outline of the trauma situation, the path to recovery, fears, anxiety etc. I'm also interested in how effective different types of treatment are. I've been through a combination of medication and therapy.

Best Answer

Medication never did anything for me. Therapy was more of an irritation than a help. I had to face what happened fully before I could heal. That means every aspect of every emotions and every trauma that happened. Then at the end I had to forgive before I could heal the anger. Oh and there is a lot of anger.

Best Answer