Brokenlostheart Brokenlostheart 18-21, F 15 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Loss of a Friend

if you think that giving someone a second chance then go for it...only you know if that person is worth the risk...

Best Answer

Depends on what they did and what your history is with them. I had a friend who was only a friend when it was convenient for her, i.e., when nobody else was available and would completely ignore my attempts at contacting her. It caused a major rift in the friendship and we parted ways. Months later she calls me up, apologizes up and down, swears things are different, and so I gave her another chance. We were friends for another year until 2 weeks ago when she suddenly started ignoring my calls and texts again. Gave her plenty of opportunity to be my friend, bent over backwards to accommodate her wishes, but acting as if I don't exist... again? No.. If a "friend" treats you badly, chances are they will do it again and again if you keep letting them.

Best Answer

It's my best friend he really hurts me and it's not the first time so I really can't trust him anymore he has changed a lot he's not the person I knew before when we were still in high school but I don't know since that accident I'm felling sad I'm scared I don't trust people anymore cause he was the only one i talked to since we were kids maybe i thought that if i get him back to my life that'll change but he isn't making any efforts he just call me when he needs and he's always busy when i need him after what he did i think he should try more to repair our relation ship but I don't know it'll never be the same I don't know what to do should i continue to act as if nothing had happened and continue these cold disctions?

Best Answer

Wow... Other than the high school bit, that sounds eerily similar to the situation with my friend. It stings when your best friend, who you've shared everything about your life with, treats you like yesterday's garbage. Honestly, hon, in my experience, you'd be better off just cutting your losses. You will end up tearing your hair out, spending sleepless nights pondering over things you might have done, wondering if you were doing something wrong... on and on. It will eat you up if you don't take a stand. I'm having to do that myself, and it's hard because I don't have any other friends to turn to. But it's better than being treated with complete disrespect. I don't deserve that, and neither do you!

Best Answer

I'm feeling the same way right now, I going crazy right now and i keep asking myself one question why did he do that we were great as we were, you're right i must move on but how can i do it I don't know, all the people right now i start going out with them but then i'm scared like if i go on they will let me down, I just can't take a failure of an ather relation ship, the people around me don't understand that they think that i'm crazy i'm changing my mood over and over again they don't know that i hurt so i'm ending all alone with my laptop don't know what to do :(

Best Answer

Hey, it's okay to feel crazy. You will feel that way for some time, especially when the person closest to you hurts you. It's devastating. Wanna hear my crazy? I listened to "My Immortal" by Evanescence... on a loop... for 3 days straight! And look on the bright side: you have other friends to hang with. Don't try to face it alone. I have no choice and it's tearing me apart, dwelling on it every moment of every day because I have nobody else to talk to... but you have other friends to help take your mind off of it. Don't shut yourself in or you'll wind up like me; all alone and miserable. Take comfort in your friends and don't be afraid to pursue other relationships. You can't find happiness if you aren't open to it when it comes along.

Best Answer

You're right Thank you very very much you don't know how much your words are helping me right now really thank you ....

Best Answer

Hey, if I can help you get through this in anyway, I'm more than happy to. I don't want anybody to have to end up like me! You ever need an ear, someone to just talk too if you feel that nobody else will listen, I'm here, for what that's worth.

Best Answer

I'm so thankful right now really, if we can be friends and help eatch ather It'll be my pleasure :)

Best Answer

Only if they've changed. If not, you're just asking for trouble.

Best Answer

no they will do it again

please take this advice....if you let this person back in your life at a level that they can break your trust it will be a bad move

Best Answer

it depends on how did take care of it before? and did u made him pay for it.

yup every one should know that any one hurts u or even try , will pay high price and will regret it too

Best Answer

I would be guarded and very tentative...but give them at least a chance....but if it happens again.....split and dont look back

Best Answer

No! Don't bother.

Best Answer

If you can first forgive.

Best Answer

Sure you can . . . . We all need forgiveness once in awhile (me~~>More frequently) . . . but there needs to be a basis for extending the trust again. The basis could be, a heartfelt apology, an earnest request for forgiveness, an act to amend a wrong or simply acknowledgement of the wrong, with an indication to do better . . . . best next step? . . . . Talk it out, express your hurt and why! . . .Good luck!

Best Answer

Probably not.

Best Answer