1) The economy is what it is. Don't get stressed. Instead, get creative. If you don't get the job you want, try padding out your resume with externing/interning positions instead. Businesses are more likely to hire these positions because they pay less (if at all) . Still, you'll get a little money and a lot of experience in your field.If you're still out of luck, at least volunteer. When you finally do get a job, you want to show what you've done while you were out of work. Volunteering really helps out in that respect. <br />
2) I don't really know about car stuff. If you live in a city, it shouldn't be a problem-- use mass transit. Otherwise, you'll have to bum rides. Not the worst thing in the world.<br />
3) Did you mean emotional space or physical space? if emotional-- Be honest. Chances are, he'll feel them same way and be relieved that you brought it up. If physical- I really don't recommend getting an apartment in this economy. Wait until you've gotten a job before renting. <br />
4) Drop the HS friends. Tell them you don't feel like you're in the same place as they are. If they're true friends, they'll understand that you need room to grow. If they get mad, screw 'em. They're uncompromising bastards. <br />
5) This also goes a little with 4. To find a girlfriend, you need to look for a friend first. Forget looking for love, and simply scout out people that share your same interests. I don't know what you're into, but I'm sure you could find meetups/interest groups within close proximity. Point being-- make some friends ba<x>sed on your new sophisticated interests. If one of those friends is a girl, see if she's interested in being your gal pal. But one step at a time, Don Juan! You need to lay a foundation of friendship first!

Best Answer

I appreciate that you took the time to response to my points. (1) I have been interning since June unpaid. That is why I moved home. It was a coincidence that by the time I needed to move home, my mom needed a housesitter, so I have had some independence. But I can't keep working unpaid. I am soooooo broke it's not even funny. You and many others may think I'm being stubborn, but I really don't want to work at Starbucks or Nordstroms or whatever, I really don't have the stomach for service jobs anymore. I am looking for work in finance - which is one of the toughest industries to get a job in right now. (2)Yeah the town I live in is sprawling. Bumming rides is tough. Cuz my dad is here, we hang out a lot, which is great. He is my best friend and we both are on the same page about many things. He is so cultured that I get my culture when he is in town - frankly because he flips the bill to go to Museums, the theater, movies, etc. But my bum friends don't want to drive 10 miles to pick me up, partially because they're cheapskates, and partially because they aren't doing anything anyways. My buddy has kept pushing back to fix it because he does it on the cheap, but he's a certified mechanic and does work for us friends on the side. Just the last three weeks something has come up. The last two has been because of Christmas and today he was suppose to do it, but he told me his parents are leaving town and he needs to take care of his sick sister. Hopefully something won't come up next weekend cuz it will have been a month without wheels by then! (3) More emotional space. Thanks for suggesting to bring it up, but I'm not going to. It's not like we're fighting or anything, because we aren't. I just want to hang out with some people my age, you know. (4) I sort have already dropped them. They're basically company now as terrible as that sounds. They don't want to do anything anyways but smoke. I'm not gonna tell em off, no reason to burn the bridge, but I am dying to meet smarter, better people. (5) Once my car gets fixed, hopefully next weekend, I'll start to go out more. That what I really want to do actually. Funny that you mentioned going to events and what not, if only I had my car. I am a social guy and am seeking smart, sophisticated people to meet, for new friends, but even better, a woman to share my time with intimately and intellectually, you know......thanks again for reading and responding.

Best Answer

you sound like a very wise person.. Keep up the great insight and you will go far in life.. Mainly just be happy with yourself and know that there are good people out there and that sometimes it just takes time to make new friends.. Be picky..

Best Answer

LOL. "Be picky" - no kidding. I feel what would really make me happy is if I got this job. This is what I want to do for a living but sheesh, this job market for finance is BRUTAL! If I got this job, I would feel like I have my life together. I know life is not meant to be fair; however, I have done everything society asks of you to stand out to rise up...and I did all that and am waiting in line! WTF! So it goes as Holden says, just gotta keep trying.

Best Answer

I shall respond through message. :D

Best Answer

Cool! :)

Best Answer

I think you just did. lol

Best Answer

I guess it counts as venting if people read it :)

Best Answer

Sounds like you and I have the LOSER friends thing in common.. I hate the fact that all of my so called girlfriends that I used to go out partying with don't come over or call me anymore because I don't want to be their DD any longer.. I hate the fact that all of those same girls don't even know what is really going on in my life anymore, because none of them will ever take the time to get in their cars and come over and visit me. I hate the fact that I am no longer considered to be FUN because I am sick and tired of the drunken drama that takes place in the bar scene.. I guess I am at a point in my life where I want to meet secure, fun, intelligent people in stead of the deadbeat, drunks that I have been running around with for the past 35 years.. I am sick and tired of this lifestyle and I am ready to meet some real people..

Best Answer

(EP glitches sometimes and doesn't show my comments)...UGGH! I totally feel ya! My buddies are so lame. The way I sadly put it, I have things in common with them but they have nothing in common with me. They have no interest in broadening their horizons. For example, I've always been interested in independent and foreign films - really good movies - and they don't even want to give them a chance. In addition, it's always the same fcuking exuse: "I have no money." No, you do have money, you just blow it all on weed! It has really come to the point where we have nothing to talk about too because they don't read the news, have any interest in cultural things - they're great company but they've become philistines as we approach our mid-20s. Yesterday I was running some errands in the neighborhood they live in (i.e. they're parent's neighborhood) and so instead of calling them, I thought I would take a chance and see if some of them would be at their normal smoke spot - I could've bet a million dollars cuz a couple of them were there. And when I showed up, we made some small talk, and then...nothing to say. One guy that was their who I am not super close with, but I know, is really dumb so he is always saying dumb siht. But my other buddy who was there, who I'm really chill with, well...not much to say anymore. It's really sad.

Best Answer

yes it sucks when you realize that you are the MATURE one of your group of friends don't it?

Best Answer

LOL! YYYYYEEEEAAAAH! Except it's almost all of mine from high school (since I am back in my HS town...hopefully for not much longer if I get this job)

Best Answer

Do you want to have a conversation about it or just vent? Because I'm very similar to you except for I am still in school.

Best Answer

(Dunno why my first comment doesn't appear) Sure. Feel free to continue the conversation here and share your thoughts about my situation and share yours...or you can PM me...

Best Answer

...<br />
feel better? :]

Best Answer

LOL. Yes :)

Best Answer