Yes, I am a testament to that. I grew up with severely abusive parents and that has never stopped me from doing what I want and being happy.

Best Answer

I've walked alone all my life. The future is still a mystery to me. And my parents were horrible... they weren't drunkards or something, but they're equally monsterous... they just want you to see them as heroes... but I'm still trying to let go, too. Here in Malaysia, it's actually normal for parents to hit their children in order to discpline them...

Best Answer

I walk alone too & it gives me strength. Parents are not heroes. Some people should never have children. I wonder if they just breed to have somebody to abuse? Hmmm..

Best Answer

I'm working on it

Best Answer

Of course. As long as they don't spend a lifetime only focusing on the damage done and they forgive and forget and let it all go. Keeping anger alive only hurts the heart where it lives -- NOT the heart of the offender. If they set their mind toward living the life they want to live instead, there's no reason why not.

Best Answer

Great answer. We have to let go. I like the saying: "He who angers you controls you."

Best Answer

you have your feeling and that is good but you have ot lived the life manyothers have nor have i

Best Answer

think it depends on the child<br />
you are no going to have a wrost child hood then i had but i had some one at 12 years put a stop to it and give me a home<br />
my life was so bad i tried to kill my self at 5 years old the only way i knew by taking my teddy wolf and walking a long ways from home and sitting down on the rail road tracks i could feel the gtound shake i could smell the train i could hear the whisle of the train and i did not move iu wanted death so bad but i was on the worng set of tracks

Best Answer

Wow. Guess you were not meant to go. Lucky.

Best Answer

yes i think death just does not want me
special after my wife was killed at age 19 ater being married 5 plus years i hunted death all over
i rmeber walking towards the light and being told it was not my time and sent back to this world for some reason

Best Answer

Don't forget, only the good die young. I will live to 105. :o)

Best Answer

Yes. I am living proof that one can be happy despite horrible parents!

Best Answer

It is hard. Some kids are srtonger than others and if they find love they can go on and be happy. But many parents have so much to answer for.

Best Answer

To be parent is the most difficult job in the world. No graduation needed for that, alas.<br />
Some parents are excellent, other worse. Difference is at responsability and maturity level.<br />
Be parent is quite pleasant, know how educate is a gift from Mother Nature and an inheritance of our own parents...

Best Answer

definitely !! look Amy Winehouse for example :)

Best Answer