I can't sleep, this is not new, in fact has been happening for years. No I haven't gone years with no sleep at all ( is that possible? ) but when I do sleep it very fitful and I wake constantly. I feel so damn exhausted and get to the point where I fall over but even then I can't stay asleep long. Just last night I was up all night just sitting. I tried turning off all appliances like TV, radio and computer, I try reading, I try not reading but once I lay down, I get restless. I have been to the doctor several times and have been prescribed several different sleep medications that I couldn't begin to pronounce or spell all to no effect. Now I think I am seeing things. Lately out of the corner of my eye I swear I see a person walk past real fast like a shadow or last night I was on the couch and I swear I saw little bugs like roaches run quickly across my floor but when I flicked on the lamp to see, there was nothing. This is worrying me a lot. Any ideas or potions for sleep?
crazywhovian73 crazywhovian73 36-40, M 10 Answers Feb 9 in Community

Yes

Best Answer

One time I didn't sleep for 3 days and it looked like everything was vibrating

Best Answer

I think it depends on the person and how little sleep you have had, but sleep deprivation is known to cause vivid hallucinations in people. It happened to me. I am a college student and I was staying really late to study for exams getting only 3 and 4 hours of sleep sometimes. I started seeing the craziest things. I thought I was losing my mind. It was scary. Unless, you want this to happen to you get your rest. For your mind and for your health.

Best Answer

have you tried a good meal and a big joint , weed helps me sleep

Best Answer

Lack of sleep can play havoc with your mind. Ask the doctor for a sleep study. They may be able to determine why you an insomniac.

Best Answer

yes it can.

Best Answer

Yes. In college, I didn't sleep much and hallucinated a few times.

Best Answer

you wont last 2 weeks without no sleep you do suffer hallucinations after a few days I think

Best Answer

Lack of sleep is a well known cause of hallucinations.

Best Answer