Cristina323232 Cristina323232 18-21, F 26 Answers Jul 4, 2012

they're called mentally disabled or developmentally disabled......please don't use retarded.....it's highly offensive

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I really didnt mean that, and believe me, If I could replace that word in the question now I would do that..

Best Answer

i know you would ;-)

Best Answer

And are you raised with 'Mountain Folk'?

Best Answer

Ya know it's ironic that there's some out there without any disability yet their iq seems to be lower than some of those that are disabled. I wonder how they're aloud to reproduce?! Why don't people question wether or not to sterilize prison inmates? It's like some of you wanna punish disabled yet you don't think much of punishing those that killed people or other such things. Seems like it should be the opposite. Like everything is the opposite of what it should be thought of/perspective.

Best Answer

First of all I re-iterate what Deltadon said, don't call us retarded, it's both offensive and completely wrong. To me your bigoted attitude is the reason so many disabled people have problems trying to integrate into "neural typical" society. Secondly what kind of disability are you reffering to?, the guy or gal that fought for their country and got their disability from a war wound?, the person who got hit by a drunk driver and now cannot communicate effectively? or the person with a hereditary disability from birth that affects only one sex and has gone un-noticed because the genepool from that family only had girls or only had boys till the opposite sex was born with the condition.<br />
Judging by your use of the word "retarded" and other peoples bandwagon jumping on this word I'm going to assume you mean people with mental disabilities. I have a mental disability, and so does my fiancee, can we get married, of course we can, are we going to?, of course we are, the only thing were not doing is having children but this isn't because we will produce disabled children (what an asenine thing to think) its because of choice.<br />
As for disabled (all types) people having kids, are you serious?, you think because they where born or have become disabled that suddenly their reproductive organs dont work, really!?, that's a very bl<x>inkered view of disabled people and how they function. I think before you ask another question like this maybe you should take your bl<x>inkers off look around and see the thousands of disabled people living as close to a normal life as they possibly can, getting married, having kids, and most importantly, not judging others with a closed mindset. And now to set some others straight...<br />
caithness...not every disability is caused by genes even the mental disabilities.<br />
stormwinds2...you would really deny that couple the happiness that child brought them?, so they mimic and try to employ what people are telling them about raising a child, does that not say more about the people giving advice than the parents themselves?, they may both have a severe learning difficulty, but you know what...they are coping, both with their own disability AND with bringing up a child who by your account is also disabled, I think you should be encouraging them not saying you think it shouldn't have been allowed, and on a side note, you say about the child's education...where's your's??? do you have a disability yourself and are too ashamed to say?.<br />
corsetboy12...almost 100% correct, however social services cannot "pre-empt" the birth of a child to a couple unless they are known to be a danger to the child, if not social services would only be able to monitor very carefully, it's down to them to prove unfit parents not the other way around. But great comment props...<br />
thomasedwin...Are you for real?!!!!, seriously!!, you think that there's only 1 level of mental disability and that level is complete non-functioning, you need to

Best Answer

get an education on disabilities, and as for a neuro-typical person having sex with someone disabled, thats so wrong on so many levels, the way you talk it's like all disabled people are cabbages....so wrong...so wrong....

Best Answer

What a stupid question. They are people like anyone else. Just because someone has a disability, it don't instantly make them blithering idiots. I had a Great Aunt & Uncle who where both blind since birth. He was a Judge and she was a Teacher and they had 4 children. Take Stephen Hawkins, definitely has a disability, but probably the smartest man on the entire planet.

Best Answer

it's not a stupid question, I was thinking about the way they would live together and how would they raise their children up. Life is not easy nowadays, and they would need help with everything anyway. I know some disabled who got married but they gave up and got divorced after a while. Seeing them suffering more because such thing make me feel pity for their family, and their children.

Best Answer

They can, the question is, should they? Some are fully functional and could manage, but would they just be passing on bad genes?

Best Answer

Many special people have stable relationships and "normal" children. It's mostly an issue of adaptive functioning, health and safety, and cognitive processing ability in regard to being an autonomous and responsible adult.

Best Answer

Yes, that's right.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

I'm applaud to how ignorant some of you people are!!! Seriously!!! Only wish i could be there to see the look on your face when you realize your stupidity; at least be there when something happens to you n then see you get treated the same way some of you have treated us!

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

Yes they can <br />
But i dont believe they should i have seen a grate familey onces both serverly disabled and with a child they were happy and togather and i respecked that but here is the problem i noticed it was not LOVE it was copying what others told them about love meaning they didnt get the truth of what love was. thats fine okay...but not good...Porblem is there child was also disabled and he was a good kid yes but they would let him run around and do anything he really wanted they didn't pay attenstion to him agien i noticed something they copyed what others told them to do with the kid sure thats grate advice but do they truely know what there doing with teaching a child? what happends when there alone and know one shows them how to take care of the child? weres the childs egicastion...<br />
I dont blame the parents or the kid but i do think it shouldnt have happend.

Best Answer

As far as I understand it, in the UK they could get married as long as the registrar (or person performing the ceremony) was satisfied as to their mental capacity to understand what they were giving their consent to. As far as having children goes, there have been reported instances of Social Services applying to the Courts for orders to prevent it where the mother simply doesn't have the ability to care for a child, even if given help.

Best Answer

Im thinking if they are mentaly disabled How can they give their consent to marry or have sex when they realy don't know what they're doing and wouldn't they possably be producing disabled children? If a non-disabled person had sex with a mentaly disabled person wouldn't that be rape? Even if the disabled person wanted to have sex and was of the age of consent how can they give consent when they have no idea what their doing?

Best Answer

your point of view is really interesting, I've never thought about it in that way!

Best Answer

Just because one has a disability does NOT in any way mean that a child would be born the same or such. Do your research n you'll find out that 90% or more normal people can/could have a child(ren) with a disability. I born with a birth defect from normal parents n NO ONE ELSE in the family has ever had it. My child does NOT have it. So for a person with a disability to have a child does NOT mean that child would have it, he/she could/can be normal!! Educate yourself!!!

Best Answer

Biologically, it is possible. What outcomes are you wanting by having them producing children?

Best Answer

Sure. I'm diseased and have a perfect fiancé. Of course, it's nothing worse than schizophrenia. :/

Best Answer

yes..i know many and they are lading a good life!!!the thing is to get a good hearted partener who loves you not your body and have guts too..

Best Answer

yes, exactly.

Best Answer

Huh....I think I've seen it all now.....

Best Answer

I think that's usually how it happens...

Best Answer

Yes, of course they can. But if their disability keeps them from being able to take care of their children they are taken away from them, just like anyone else.

Best Answer

No that's NOT true!! There's many different types of disabilities people can have & still be able to take care of a child(ren). Educate yourself!!!

Best Answer

Yup.

Best Answer

Wait for it......... Hope not !!!!

Best Answer