This intern has no intention of going into my profession. She will be attending college for another field. However, she signed up to intern in my industry. She would have to be trained and her answer to every question I asked was "about average". The owner and I disagree about hiring this particular intern she will have to be trained. I resent the fact that I will have to have someone waste their time training her when she will be here about 60 days. Am I being too harsh?
dfwgirl dfwgirl 36-40, F 6 Answers May 30 in Community

Any work experience looks good on a resume.

Best Answer

Yes and no. <br />
I'd 'play' along with the program because you can get branded as a misfit for your views. <br />
I had to 'train' summer help from time to time and I just gave them enough to keep them busy, out of my hair and productive. The worst thing you can do is to do a 1/2 arsed job...some bosses hate that.

Best Answer

I'm putting her in the front of my office and having her answer phones

Best Answer

There ya go. Then save up some menial jobs for her to do. it's only for a few weeks and it will fly by, good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

Just remember to tell them about loose clothing around the paper shredder? ;)

Best Answer

I'm sure the experience will still help her.

Best Answer

you never know, maybe she'll love it & stay, may be she'll be a shinin star.....on the plus side you helped someone start a career

Best Answer

I run an office she's going into cosmetology I'm not sure how they even work together to be honest with you
and I'm not saying that to be mean I just really really resent having to hire someone who describes themselves and their work habits and Every question I asked as "about average"

Best Answer

cheap labor

Best Answer

It's going to cost me more to have her trained for her 60 days of "about average" employment...

Best Answer

she can do the work no one else wants to do

Best Answer

Clean the toilets!
lol j/k

Best Answer

yep, and you could hire me too

Best Answer

awww, mrmoose1947

Best Answer

really

Best Answer