My depression is the reason I joined EP; to have someone read my story and actually give me advice. But lately no one even looked at my story and the views on it are my own. The people I know including my friends and family wouldn't understand and besides they are the reason for my depression so it would make it even more uncomfortable for me.
solotuv solotuv 18-21, M 17 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Depression

I am here, that is what I do on here.

Best Answer

Heyy! I have been through severe depression as well and I am majoring in Psychology partly because of it so I can help. So message me whenever you would like to talk.

Best Answer

Well it is a very personal thing, but normally I often fine that the reason why someone depressed its because they can't solve a problem or someone close is hurting them. So the best thing to do first of all is change anything you can change first of all, then secondly try to make things better on the things we can't. Then find something that really relaxes you !!!!!

Best Answer

Dpression isnt something you can get counsling for. you have to solve it yourself. Idk how i managed to get out of mine but i think it had something to do with the book "the 5 habits of a highly effective teen" . my recomendation? find a hobbie, painting, readding, music, photography. something that will allow you to see beauty. I took up the alto saxophone in my depression. took my mind off of alot of stuff. it was my escape

Best Answer

I hope you get help soon,, take care,

Best Answer

Depression is a Part of Life,although not a Good Part. We all have bouts of Depression at times. When it happens to me ,I know it will Pass. This gets me through. One day you feel like the weight of the World is on your Sholders. A week later you wake up,and everything has Changed,suddenly you can't remember what you were so down about. :)

Best Answer

Hello well I got an idea: make a list! Put down all of the things you like and dislike. See what you can change and accept what you can't. <br />
Music also helps. It is healing and empowering. <br />
Go ahead and cry! Yes let it all out. It doesn't make you weaker.<br />
Get a lot of sleep it helps the body and mind recover.<br />
Identify what is making you sad. Target the pain don't just stand there. You are stronger than what you feel and smarter than what you think!<br />
Hope I helped, blessings!

Best Answer

Teen years can be depressing. Don't rush to medication but talk to someone. I always say shrinks are for those who don't have a friend. Get a friend - even a crummy one. Shrinks have an agenda to make you think you need them. You don't.

Best Answer

Do you know the reasons for your depression?

Best Answer

Best self-help book on that subject, and you can get it in audio format:<br />
http://thedepressioncurebook.com/

Best Answer

Talk too your parents about getting you on antideps :)

Best Answer

Prescription antidepressants work in less than half the patients. But guess what? Placebos do just as well.

Best Answer

have you even asked? unitll now

Best Answer

ok well your age restrictions dont allow older possibly knowledged, definately more experienced and maybe even good people; to see your stories from your profile. just saying. your not going to get much help unless you ask a question.

Best Answer