darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 16 Answers Jun 1, 2011

I have a friend that constantly lies. Not because there is a reason to lie but I honestly think she can't help herself. It's not about important things or even something that you would need to lie over. It's not because she's in trouble or would be if someone found out she just lies all the time and tells different people different versions of the same event. I have learnt that it doesn't matter... I know that this is who she is and I just take what she says with a pinch of salt. It's not the greatest base for a friendship but when we're together we have good fun and she's the life and soul of any party but this is her flaw. I feel sad that she thinks she needs to do this but am still here as her friend.

Best Answer

I believe its called a pathological liar or a compulsive liar.

Best Answer

To my understanding, there is a reason for everything any person does; they simply may not be aware of it, but there always is one. The great majority of us humans are programmed individuals, so there almost always is some program or other running in our beings...

Best Answer

yes, 2 types of people lie

1. ladies when they want to impress another lady

2. petty theives who are habituated to lying when they have stolen something, get into this habit even when there is no need

Best Answer

when a person lies all their lifes that is a problem.i have a sister that is a narcissist she goes from one family member to another lying .the lies are very hurtful.she lies to everyone about the other family members we have loved her & had hope she would stop.all of the siblings are now trying to confront her as the lies are passed on.she tells so many lies that we need a fire hose to make any head way .i feel like i'm being murdered.i have been angry i've felt like at times i could slap her jaws or duck tape her entire head just so we would not have to hear anymore of her lies.as a christian i try to leave her in GODS hands this is the only reason that our family hasn't gone off on her.

Best Answer

Most people, myself included, lie when it is convenient to avoid the truth. Others just lie for the sake of lying. Others lie because they can't stop. I don't think people necessarily need a reason. I don't think they need a reason to cheat on their loved one, or cheat on a test, or embezzle things from work.

Best Answer

Yes, in fact it's easiest to lie about something for no good reason, because then you're not really nervous about it (although afterward you wonder why you did it).

Best Answer

Actally not really. People can think of a lie faster than they can tell the truth. Lol

Best Answer

There are 'pathological liars'..people who lie just for the sake of lieing.

Best Answer

I know the Clintons would tell big whoppers for no reason when the truth would have been just as good. I always wondered why they did it even though the lie was often easy to refute.

Best Answer

Some people lie to keep themselves from being killed & Persecuted

Best Answer

Yeah, but it generally ****** people off, so I'd recommend against doing so...

Best Answer